Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy Vll Remake - Cloud's new updated design shown, comments from Nomura on it.

Was Cloud always trying to look like a pretty boy? I feel as if there trying to make him fit right into FF15.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Was Cloud always trying to look like a pretty boy? I feel as if there trying to make him fit right into FF15.

Well, if you look at the game's original artwork, he's obviously supposed to be a pretty boy. Of course, with PS1 technology, they couldn't make him look that good back then.

Keybladewielder said:
Azzanation said:

Well, if you look at the game's original artwork, he's obviously supposed to be a pretty boy. Of course, with PS1 technology, they couldn't make him look that good back then.

Surely you jest.

Shaunodon said:
Keybladewielder said:

Surely you jest.

Oh lol

I love the cross-dressing scene xD

Might want to update the OP.

"[Update] The images showcasing Cloud’s design, which have been shown during the Visual Works presentation are from the theme park ride at Universal Studios Japan, and not straight from Final Fantasy VII Remake."

So this doesn’t necessarily mean the remake is progressing that much as these images are just from universal studios. 

Last edited by UltimateGamer1982 - on 18 July 2018

Around the Network
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Might want to update the OP.

"[Update] The images showcasing Cloud’s design, which have been shown during the Visual Works presentation are from the theme park ride at Universal Studios Japan, and not straight from Final Fantasy VII Remake."

So this doesn’t necessarily mean the remake is progressing that much as these images are just from universal studios. 

At least they're making good progress with their theme park ride.

StreaK said:
Xxain said:

In this case it makes sense. The previous version looked too cool. He looked like he actually was in Soldier. This cloud looks like he's lying.

The thing is, Cloud ALWAYS looked cool. Wtf??? Who says you can't be cool and not be in Soldier??? Because back in 1997 Cloud by far had his coolest design in the CGI form.

I dont mean OUR interpretation of Cloud, but in game interpretation. The original redesign for Cloud looked like he fit the bill as actual hardened Soldier. Cloud is suppose to have dorky qualities old redesign didnt portray that either. He looked too cool to fit with Clouds established personality.

This is what Cloud looked like in Crisis Core. (7 years before FF7)

(Last CGI cutscene at the end of Crisis Core, 7 years later) This is what Cloud looked like at the beginning of FF7, Midgar bombing mission.

All these are Nomura's work.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 18 July 2018

I loved the design they showed before , it was perfect... this one is a bit weird, need to see it ingame to make one opinion.

Keybladewielder said:

I think that face model captures well the essence of the original character design:

Why link would be on ff VII?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994