By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Otter said:

I think the main thing is GOW not clashing with FF, and not releasing at the same time as Hogwarts or Avatar. Forspoken already has a uphill battle, so gotta give it the best chance to succeed.

Avatar is a question mark but I think Hogwarts is going to do shockingly well. The reveal trailer has most views any game has ever received on the Playstation youtube channel

I agree. That game looked shockingly good and I'm not even a super fan of HP stuff. Though I'm worried that it looked a bit too good to be true. Hopefully it won't be another Cyberpunk fiasco.

Around the Network
Spike0503 said:
Otter said:

I think the main thing is GOW not clashing with FF, and not releasing at the same time as Hogwarts or Avatar. Forspoken already has a uphill battle, so gotta give it the best chance to succeed.

Avatar is a question mark but I think Hogwarts is going to do shockingly well. The reveal trailer has most views any game has ever received on the Playstation youtube channel

I agree. That game looked shockingly good and I'm not even a super fan of HP stuff. Though I'm worried that it looked a bit too good to be true. Hopefully it won't be another Cyberpunk fiasco.

I'll continue to be very cautiously optimistic till it releases just because of who the developers are. This is a first for the studio to make a serious RPG game. Let alone it being an open world action RPG. The only games the studio has previously worked on over the past 20 years are the toys-to-life Disney Infinity games and licensed Disney/Pixar games. 

I'm sure they'll get the more lighthearted moments down, but still nervous how the actual game will turn out.

Whoa, looks like legacy games on PS+ will indeed have Trophies!

gtotheunit91 said:

Wow! PS1 games with trophies are a dream come true. Another excuse to play my PS1 favs yet again haha

gtotheunit91 said:

That will certainly be a good incentive for me to buy some of those titles when they become standalone sales or sub for a month to play some of them.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

It looks like EA is next in line for the consolidation train.

The good thing is most of their sports titles will remain multiplatform due to licensing agreements. Although I hope it pushes Sony to pursue another sports license outside of MLB. Imagine SIE building a studio from the ground up to make a new Madden IP? Or expanding San Diego Studios so they can reboot NBA The Show?

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 21 May 2022

twintail said:

You know, I'm surprised Sony doesn't try to push Hot Shots Golf + Tennis into the multiplatform stage. The IP does nothing to move consoles imho, and I think with licensing (or not) there's the potential to make them both worthwhile sports titles.

Oddly enough, I can see Astro being adapted into a variety of different genres like Mario, which I think has more potential than the Hot Shots franchise finding success by going multiplatform. 

I don't think wants to enforce the trophies on PS1 and 2 titles. I guess that will be done by devs that want to take advantage of the possibility of the title being put also for sale on the store and this will entice people to buy those games even if they don't go for PS+ Premium.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I've recently started following a couple photo mode enthusiasts on IG. They post some impressive shots and have been getting lots of mileage out of Forbidden West. I'll try to upload my own captures from the first half of the game soon.

I'm genuinely surprised by how much effort Sony put towards BC with the PS+ tier launch.