By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | April Plus Games Announced

 

Which game are you most looking forward to?

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart 3 8.57%
 
Horizon Forbidden West 5 14.29%
 
God of War: Ragnarok 5 14.29%
 
Returnal 2 5.71%
 
Final Fantasy XVI 12 34.29%
 
Gran Turismo 7 2 5.71%
 
Resident Evil Village 3 8.57%
 
Kena: Bridge of Spirits 3 8.57%
 
Other 0 0%
 
Total:35
Replicant said:

Yeah, you're right. VGC used to be my go-to place for news and healthy discussions but now it's oftentimes a wasteland. I think that a more active PS thread could help attract and sustain some of the old casual PS fans that left. However, I understand that what I believe to be beneficial to the site isn't necessarily what others believe.

I'm sorry, Bristow.

No, I believe that, I think we all do, a more active PS thread will attract and sustain users.

Feels like you're missing my point, most of the site in general is suffering activity dips, rather than pointing fingers we should all be chipping in and helping out activity as a community, it shouldn't be all down to one guy, it's unfair to Bristow to expect him to post absolutely everything and I even pointed out that he has in fact posted some news.

Be the change you want to see also, if you want even more activity, then get involved more, start conversations, encouraging others to do so as well, every contribution helps, these threads are community threads after all, it's not helpful to constantly come in with a negative attitude.



Around the Network

You know, the amount of negativity I receive for "neglecting" this thread and "being a bad OP" really doesn't help my mental state much, and sometimes it can even be the reason why I'll not post or even visit the forums whatsoever because it just puts me in such a shitty mood... other times it's not as bad and I'll be able to ignore it and post anyway. And if you check the thread, as Ryuu has already stated, I posted some of the news on your list myself, as well as replied to other people that posted news, and even started up some new conversations and discussions myself... all the while, you were nowhere to be seen, yet you come in with your first post in a while, criticising my lack of activity? Don't you think that's a LITTLE hypocritical?



Bristow9091 said:

You know, the amount of negativity I receive for "neglecting" this thread and "being a bad OP" really doesn't help my mental state much, and sometimes it can even be the reason why I'll not post or even visit the forums whatsoever because it just puts me in such a shitty mood... other times it's not as bad and I'll be able to ignore it and post anyway. And if you check the thread, as Ryuu has already stated, I posted some of the news on your list myself, as well as replied to other people that posted news, and even started up some new conversations and discussions myself... all the while, you were nowhere to be seen, yet you come in with your first post in a while, criticising my lack of activity? Don't you think that's a LITTLE hypocritical?

Yes, I do. I'm sorry.



Most of the news regarding PS are posted to this site.

The activity of this forums seems comparable to other sites.

Now you have FB/YT or Twitter where a lot of gamers are getting their news.

Times have changed it seems. 

Last edited by kazuyamishima - on 06 April 2021

Just to remember this isn't a paid job where he is mandated to keep posting or do anything alone. One of the reasons why I usually don't commit to such things because it can make your pleasure become a pain.

I'm satisfied by the work put by Bristow on this thread and can't fault him for not being on the thread the past month, that was because I was playing a lot and didn't had much to discuss (even when looking at the front page and forum there wasn't much useful stuff) and yes news, participation and discussion can and should be done by everyone, but if Bristow think there is some value to updating the OP and title more often to reflect noteworthy news that is his decision.

Last edited by DonFerrari - on 07 April 2021

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I think we're flogging a dead horse.. Thread is doing fine and Replicant apologised. Time to bury the hatchet :P

A small but cool thing discovered.. there a full 4K port of Timesplitters 2 on Homefront: The Revolution as an easter egg. Wut. Time to install the game (still in shrinkwrap!)



hinch said:

I think we're flogging a dead horse.. Thread is doing fine and Replicant apologised. Time to bury the hatchet :P

A small but cool thing discovered.. there a full 4K port of Timesplitters 2 on Homefront: The Revolution as an easter egg. Wut. Time to install the game (still in shrinkwrap!)

There's no way of accessing. The internal code to unlock it has been lost, at least from what I read.



Ah yeah did a bit of digging and only 2 levels are playable. Oh man thats a damn shame :( Really want my fix of Timesplitters but I'm not going out my way to fish out my PS2, game and cables (eww AV) to do that lol.

I wonder what happened to the remaster.. not seen or heard anything from that for a while.



Free 3 months trial of Funimatiom for PS4/PS5 users as part of play at home initiative announced.



kazuyamishima said:

Free 3 months trial of Funimatiom for PS4/PS5 users as part of play at home initiative announced.

The previous time it was given the service wasn`t available in brazil and now I already have it... missed 6 months of free service.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."