By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Blood_Tears said:

That damn Sony at it again! :)

Damn, Sony keeps playing for these titles to have 0 sales instead of 3 on Series.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
ConservagameR said:
DonFerrari said:

Call it nostalgia if you want since DMC3 was the only one I played on the PS2 while I tried the remasters on PS3, but at the time better games existed already, but for me the best DMC is the third one.

Just had another thought about this based on what you said above.

While Sony is inching towards digital more and more, they must understand the importance of core gamers and underdeveloped nations and new customers wanting physical copies. To the point where they realize(d) the importance of physical copies enough that somewhat recently they announced they'd be working on a more proper PS3 BC program.

What if along with a PS5 Digital Slim and a separate disc drive accessory, they also announce true PS3 physical BC?

Don't give them that much credit lol

They just want to make their console production line more efficient by having only 1 model instead of the 2 they have now. 

But I'm all for PS3 BC finally hitting PS5 (granted PS2 and PS Vita aren't even emulated on the new emulator and I feel PS2 most definitely should be going into 2023)

DonFerrari said:

Call it nostalgia if you want since DMC3 was the only one I played on the PS2 while I tried the remasters on PS3, but at the time better games existed already, but for me the best DMC is the third one.

DMC3 is still my most favorite as well.

I've played....

DMC1 (PS2)
DMC1 (PS3)
DMC1 (PS4)
DMC2 (PS2)
DMC2 (PS3)
DMC2 (PS4)
DMC3 (PS2)
DMC3 Special Edition (PS3)
DMC3 Special Edition (PS4)
DMC4 (PS3)
DMC4 Special Edition (PS4) - currently playing
DmC Devil May Cry (PC)

I still have that I havent played yet....

-DMC1 (NS)
-DMC1 (Xbox)
-DMC1 (PC)
-DMC2 (NS)
-DMC2 (Xbox)
-DMC2 (PC)
-DMC3 Special Edition (NS)
-DMC3 Special Edition (Xbox)
-DMC3 Special Edition (PC)
-DMC3 Special Edition OG (PC)
-DMC4 OG (PC)
-DMC4 Special Edition (PC)
-DMC4 Special Edition (Xbox)
-DmC Devil May Cry Definitive Edition (PS4)
-DMC5 (PS4)
-DMC5 (PC)

Yeah...I'm a huge DMC fan lol

ConservagameR said:

Just had another thought about this based on what you said above.

While Sony is inching towards digital more and more, they must understand the importance of core gamers and underdeveloped nations and new customers wanting physical copies. To the point where they realize(d) the importance of physical copies enough that somewhat recently they announced they'd be working on a more proper PS3 BC program.

What if along with a PS5 Digital Slim and a separate disc drive accessory, they also announce true PS3 physical BC?

As much as I would love a PS3 BC, they wont make it due to contracts/agreements and the fact that they wont ever support it digitally (even though they could) - the same reason why Xbox stopped increasing their b/c catalogue.

Blood_Tears said:

Is this a remake or a sequel?

BasilZero said:

Blood_Tears said:

Is this a remake or a sequel?

It's a direct sequel but the combat now is going to be strategy based FF tactics style. 

DonFerrari said:
Blood_Tears said:

Damn, Sony keeps playing for these titles to have 0 sales instead of 3 on Series.

Oh what the hell, here's one more. Sony is a busy bee this week.

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
DonFerrari said:

Oh Nice, I need to play these again, It's the Battle Network series. I think the Megaman Zero series probably undersold on Xbox One/Series so no to Xbox ports.

SegaHeart said:
Blood_Tears said:

Oh Nice, I need to play these again, It's the Battle Network series. I think the Megaman Zero series probably undersold on Xbox One/Series so no to Xbox ports.

Yes indeed, a very rational thought which unfortunately a lot of people online just don't seem to get when it comes to certain Japanese games on Xbox. Everything is not going to come over to that platform and everything is not a moneyhat. 

Blood_Tears said:
SegaHeart said:

Yes indeed, a very rational thought which unfortunately a lot of people online just don't seem to get when it comes to certain Japanese games on Xbox. Everything is not going to come over to that platform and everything is not a moneyhat. 

Agree, that not all japanese games will be ported it's what's best for these japanese developers intentions which is why gamepass on xbox is very underwelming it's filled with western games and western indies. both indie japanese devs and 1 A japanese devs won't port to Xbox if the series didn't sell well I feel they wont bring rest of the catelog to xbox like what capcom is doing with the risky Battle network series and capcom aint porting battle network series on gamepass for free As for the Fairy Fencer series I don't feel many will give it a chance it feels like A game not a AA game like Danganronpa?

Blood_Tears said:
DonFerrari said:

And evil Sony must have paid for Naraka to have chars inspired in Nier, must be a trap to lure Xbox players.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/12/14/playstation-plus-game-catalog-lineup-for-december-far-cry-5-judgment-mortal-shell-and-more/

PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for December: Far Cry 5, Judgment, Mortal Shell and more

Plus Plus: Extra
WWE 2K22 | PS4
Far Cry 5 | PS4
Far Cry New Dawn | PS4
Far Cry Primal | PS4
Mortal Shell | PS4, PS5
Judgment | PS4, PS5
Yakuza: Like a Dragon | PS4, PS5
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life | PS4
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor | PS4
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War | PS4
The Pedestrian | PS4, PS5