By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Bristow9091 said:
DonFerrari said:

I started as gladiator, my class have always been sword wielder =] or katana depending of the game. I`m a man of the blade.

I have done a few of the paladin quests. I`ll be able to play until end of heavensward on the free it seems.

Good stuff, once you reach Lv. 50 you'll be able to do a quest to unlock Samurai as a DPS class if that interests you, it's somewhere in Ul'dah I believe. And yeah you get to play all of A Realm Reborn and Heavensward for free. But once you reach Lv. 60 there's still so much content you can do it's actually crazy they're giving you it for free!

Yep I`ll see how much I can do for free until I don`t enjoy the game anymore.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

OP, where are you?

Here are some of the latest PS news that are being discussed elsewhere:
Star Wars: Republic Commando is out now on PS5 and PS4 (Lucasfilm Games)
Returnal gets new story trailer and is confirmed to be 60fps (link)
Forspoken gets new trailer - will launch for PS5 and PC in 2022 (link)
Ratchet & Clank joins the 20+ PS4 exclusives that support 60fps on PS5 (link)
Oddworld: Soulstorm is free for PS Plus members day one (link)
In April, 34 games have been offered across PS Plus, PS Plus Collection, and Play at Home (link)
Marvel's Avengers, Borderlands 3, and The Long Dark have been added to PS Now (link)
PS5 continues to punch above its weight with Crash 4 being the latest game to run best on PS5 (John Linneman)
Jade Raymond founds new studio called Haven - is working on a new IP for PS5 (link)
Remedy is working on a PS5 exclusive according to leaker (link)
Sony will continue to invest in Media Molecule and Dreams (link)
Sony has acquired EVO - the World's biggest fighting game tournament (link)
Noclip's documentary about Astro's Playroom is close to being finished (link)
PSVR2 Controllers with DualSense features have been revealed (link)
PS5 is the fastest selling console in US history in dollar sales (Mat Piscatella)
PS5 is estimated to have sold 6.5 million consoles worldwide (link)

Yeah, you're right. VGC used to be my go-to place for news and healthy discussions but now it's oftentimes a wasteland. I think that a more active PS thread could help attract and sustain some of the old casual PS fans that left. However, I understand that what I believe to be beneficial to the site isn't necessarily what others believe.

I'm sorry, Bristow.

Bristow9091 said:

You know, the amount of negativity I receive for "neglecting" this thread and "being a bad OP" really doesn't help my mental state much, and sometimes it can even be the reason why I'll not post or even visit the forums whatsoever because it just puts me in such a shitty mood... other times it's not as bad and I'll be able to ignore it and post anyway. And if you check the thread, as Ryuu has already stated, I posted some of the news on your list myself, as well as replied to other people that posted news, and even started up some new conversations and discussions myself... all the while, you were nowhere to be seen, yet you come in with your first post in a while, criticising my lack of activity? Don't you think that's a LITTLE hypocritical?

Yes, I do. I'm sorry.

Most of the news regarding PS are posted to this site.

The activity of this forums seems comparable to other sites.

Now you have FB/YT or Twitter where a lot of gamers are getting their news.

Times have changed it seems. 

Last edited by kazuyamishima - on 06 April 2021

Around the Network

Just to remember this isn't a paid job where he is mandated to keep posting or do anything alone. One of the reasons why I usually don't commit to such things because it can make your pleasure become a pain.

I'm satisfied by the work put by Bristow on this thread and can't fault him for not being on the thread the past month, that was because I was playing a lot and didn't had much to discuss (even when looking at the front page and forum there wasn't much useful stuff) and yes news, participation and discussion can and should be done by everyone, but if Bristow think there is some value to updating the OP and title more often to reflect noteworthy news that is his decision.

Last edited by DonFerrari - on 07 April 2021

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

I think we're flogging a dead horse.. Thread is doing fine and Replicant apologised. Time to bury the hatchet :P

A small but cool thing discovered.. there a full 4K port of Timesplitters 2 on Homefront: The Revolution as an easter egg. Wut. Time to install the game (still in shrinkwrap!)

Ah yeah did a bit of digging and only 2 levels are playable. Oh man thats a damn shame :( Really want my fix of Timesplitters but I'm not going out my way to fish out my PS2, game and cables (eww AV) to do that lol.

I wonder what happened to the remaster.. not seen or heard anything from that for a while.

Free 3 months trial of Funimatiom for PS4/PS5 users as part of play at home initiative announced.

kazuyamishima said:

Free 3 months trial of Funimatiom for PS4/PS5 users as part of play at home initiative announced.

The previous time it was given the service wasn`t available in brazil and now I already have it... missed 6 months of free service.