By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Looking forward to Oddworld. Not played any since the PS1 lol. But yeah, crazy its free.. PS Plus has been on a roll good lately.

Should keep me busy with games until Mass Effect remaster comes!

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:

Speaking of beating games, I finished Dark Souls 3 last night... took me over a month, but that's because I've been playing a ton of Final Fantasy XIV at the same time too, lol. Still unsure as to where I'd place it among the other Soulsborne games though. It was fun and I really enjoyed it, but then the same can be said for the others too, lol.

Also I was a little underwhelmed with my experience with the Nameless King boss fight. Everyone seemed to hype him up as being the hardest boss in all of Soulsborne. I've seen people fight him, obviously there's people who can no hit him, as they do with all bosses, but I watched videos where people higher level than me, with harder hitting weapons etc. were wiping out and it took them so many attempts, only just making it by with a sliver of health left and what have you. I was told the first phase was the "easy" phase, and once he jumps off his dragon, THAT'S when shit gets real.

Let me tell you how it went...

First phase; Turns out the Sellsword Twinblades moveset is ABYSMAL for hitting the dragon's head, like, a four hit combo will only hit the head once due to height/reach etc.... so I spent the majority of it just hacking away at the dragon's feet since that was the only reliable way to do damage. I had to drink 5 estus flasks.

Second phase; Oh yeah let's fucking go, guy jumps off his dragon, kills it, powers himself up, shit is getting real! ...I spent thirty seconds just pressing R1 four times, then rolling to the right, and repeating... and he was dead. It was literally just four cycles of doing that, no estus flasks used whatsoever.

To say I was underwhelmed and/or disappointed would be an understatement, lol. Maybe I just got super lucky with the move cycles, or maybe I'm just good at the game? I don't know, but I didn't really get the same rush as I did beating some other bosses in the series, lol... I guess on the plus side, the fight as a whole LOOKS cool, and the music is great, lol.

yeah, my first time fighting him he WRECKED me....but every subsequent time fighting him I found him to be a challenge but not that hard. Like, I'd never say he's easy, but I rarely ever die to him anymore. 

Get the DLC. come back after beating Midir and Gael. And you know what, Sister Freide, for that matter. THOSE are the hard bosses of the game. I personally found the Demon Princes to be more challenging, too. Seriously, the DLC is such a wonderful investment and a tonne of fun. Probably the best bosses in the...franchise? yeah, I'd say of the top 10 soulsborne bosses, Artorias and Ornstein and Smough are great Dark Souls 1 representation, but the rest is all DArk Souls III and Bloodborne. 

As always, I'm rambling. I just really, really love Dark Souls III and am always eager to find an excuse to talk more about it. Either way, many Dark Souls bosses are hit or miss. My sister gave up at The Witches of Hemwick, but didn't even die to Father Gascoigne. I got wrecked dozens of times by the Curse-Rotted Greatwood but have never died to Slave Knight Gael (Widely considered one of the top three hardest bosses of the entire series) and I have beaten the DLC multiple times. I've also never died to Knight Artorias, but I find Lawrence the First Vicar to be the hardest boss in the entire soulsborne genre. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Bristow9091 said:I've never died to Artorias either, found him to be a rather straightfoward boss fight for the most part... and Lawrence was such a pushover for me, easily the second easiest boss of the Bloodborne DLC, obviously right behind the Living Failures lol. I'd say one of my favourite boss fights in Dark Souls 3 was Pontiff Sulyvahn because it gave me a bit of a Lady Maria vibe, but with the clone ability of Darklurker from Dark Souls 2. I also really enjoyed the Dancer boss fight for the music and the way she moved, although I found her to also be incredibly easy to the point where I was a little disappointed since she was another boss people had hyped up to me, lol. 

Going back to Lawrence, speaking of the Bloodborne DLC in general, I've only gone through it three times but never died to any of the bosses, always done them first try. Dark Souls 3 actually surprised me in that I had to try some of the bosses multiple times. It took me three attempts to get Pontiff down, and a staggering SIX attempts at the Lothric/Lorian fight! Think that's the most attempts at a boss fight since I first played Dark Souls back in 2011!

You beat Orphan of Kos on your first try? My good sir, they will dissect your brain for research purposes when you die! 

But all jokes aside, I think I just went on a Soulslike binge and I think I love it. I got my platinums on all the official Fromsoft games (Dark Souls Remastered, Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, Dark Souls III, Bloodborne, Sekiro, and Demon's Souls Remastered), and now I have the Nioh collection on PS5, Code Vein, Jedi Fallen Order, Salt and Sanctuary, and Remnant: From the Ashes. Next up: Mortal Shell. I still have to play and beat all the non Fromsoft games, but still. 

Also, the PS family is just better for Soulslikes. while the Dark Souls series is multiplatform as is Sekiro, Bloodborne (the best one) and Demon's Souls (The first one) Are owned by Sony, while Nioh and Nioh 2 are both PS console exclusives. that's half the 'good' soulsborne games (I heard Code Vein is good but not great). I'm just addicted to the game style. 

As an aside, I just picked up Jedi Fallen Order and The Outer Worlds, but when I try to download The Outer Worlds it won't let me. It gives a little red exclamation where the download button would be, and when I click it, it just takes me to my PS5 downloads list but nothing is there. I own the game, I have it on Ps4 and I have the DLC downloaded as well...but for some reason it's not coming up on PS5. Jedi Fallen Order seems to be doing well enough, but not this one. Anyone else have this issue? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Bristow9091 said:

PlayStation Plus Games for April Announced!

So for April we'll be getting the following games;

- Days Gone

- Zombie Army 4: Dead War

- Oddworld: Soulstorm 

When you consider that, along with the Play At Home scheme, you'll also be getting Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete later this month too... I think this month is pretty fucking impressive to say the least! I'm really looking forward to playing Oddworld when I finally get my hands on a PS5, so getting it for free is a huge bonus! My PS5 catalogue is looking rather impressive already!

What do you guys think, yay, nay or... Pompeii, because that rhymes, right?

Here's a link to the PlayStation Blog post;
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/31/playstation-plus-games-for-april-days-gone-oddworld-soulstorm-and-zombie-army-4-dead-war/

April just became a great month.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

and then in May we have Resident Evil VIII, then in June we have Ratchet & Clank and FFVII Intergrade, then in August...Kena! I'm gonna be busy for four months.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:

Speaking of beating games, I finished Dark Souls 3 last night... took me over a month, but that's because I've been playing a ton of Final Fantasy XIV at the same time too, lol. Still unsure as to where I'd place it among the other Soulsborne games though. It was fun and I really enjoyed it, but then the same can be said for the others too, lol.

Also I was a little underwhelmed with my experience with the Nameless King boss fight. Everyone seemed to hype him up as being the hardest boss in all of Soulsborne. I've seen people fight him, obviously there's people who can no hit him, as they do with all bosses, but I watched videos where people higher level than me, with harder hitting weapons etc. were wiping out and it took them so many attempts, only just making it by with a sliver of health left and what have you. I was told the first phase was the "easy" phase, and once he jumps off his dragon, THAT'S when shit gets real.

Let me tell you how it went...

First phase; Turns out the Sellsword Twinblades moveset is ABYSMAL for hitting the dragon's head, like, a four hit combo will only hit the head once due to height/reach etc.... so I spent the majority of it just hacking away at the dragon's feet since that was the only reliable way to do damage. I had to drink 5 estus flasks.

Second phase; Oh yeah let's fucking go, guy jumps off his dragon, kills it, powers himself up, shit is getting real! ...I spent thirty seconds just pressing R1 four times, then rolling to the right, and repeating... and he was dead. It was literally just four cycles of doing that, no estus flasks used whatsoever.

To say I was underwhelmed and/or disappointed would be an understatement, lol. Maybe I just got super lucky with the move cycles, or maybe I'm just good at the game? I don't know, but I didn't really get the same rush as I did beating some other bosses in the series, lol... I guess on the plus side, the fight as a whole LOOKS cool, and the music is great, lol.

Started FFXIV 4 or 5 days ago on Ultros, reached lvl 46 today. The game is pretty good and full of stuff to do.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Runa216 said:

DonFerrari said:

and then in May we have Resident Evil VIII, then in June we have Ratchet & Clank and FFVII Intergrade, then in August...Kena! I'm gonna be busy for four months.

Was talking only of the freebies.

Bristow9091 said:
DonFerrari said:

Started FFXIV 4 or 5 days ago on Ultros, reached lvl 46 today. The game is pretty good and full of stuff to do.

Ooooh, what class did you start as? And also the game will go from "pretty good" to "holy shit this is a masterpiece!" once you finish A Realm Reborn and move into Heavensward :) 

I'm in the process of leveling up a White Mage at the moment, although my main class is Monk, but I'm doing the "A Relic Reborn" questlines to get Zodiac weapons... I want the Nirvana staff for my WHM, along with the Excalibur sword and Aegis shield for my Paladin once I level that class up.

I started as gladiator, my class have always been sword wielder =] or katana depending of the game. I`m a man of the blade.

I have done a few of the paladin quests. I`ll be able to play until end of heavensward on the free it seems.

I still need help with my PS5 again. I picked up The Outer Worlds Board Approved Bundle, and when I try to download it on my PS5, instead of the button saying 'download', there's a Red Exclamation and it says 'see error details', and it just takes me to a blank download list. Anyone familiar with this issue? I was able to download the game on the Ps4, no problem!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Quick Google gave me this - https://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-5/Download_Queue_Bug#Download_Queue_Bug

Hope it helps