By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

hinch said:

Worth looking into, if you're into fighters.. plays a little like MvC with fast pace and lots of outlandish abilities and combos. And is a lot of fun. Has a decent story mode too with anime like cliches and nonsense lol.

I love how they've nailed the 2D aesthetics. A lot of 2D fighters have failed to do (looking at you Street Fighter!). But yeah, 60FPS on all consoles is quite a feat and looks great on all 3 platforms. Even with PS4 on sub 1080P.

Reminds me, need to reinstall Xrd while I wait for this

The game is also a soft reboot of the series, so it’s a good starting point for newcomers.

Last edited by Hynad - on 28 February 2021

Around the Network

Damn, was playing around with some old games I love, and I have to say playing Dark Souls III and Sekiro is 60fps is...muah. Chef's kiss. Bloodborne still lacks a patch to unlock the framerate, but holy hell those other games are amazing. This console (The PS5) May very well have subtly turned me into a framerate whore.

Also, I love that Kena: Bridge of Spirits is a discount title and not a full-priced title. I love the idea that there are or at least can be middle-level games that aren't like indies but also aren't like Uncharted/God of War. Stuff like Mascot platformers, Kena, Returnal, and other games are good but not like, 100 million dollar budget games. Oftentimes my favourites are stuff like that. I just went back and played through Ratchet: Deadlocked on PS3 and while that was a budget title I have to say holy hell what a FUN experience that is/was! I cannot wait for Rift Apart.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

E3 live event officially cancelled this year. From Resetera.

"Today, February 27, 2021, a Special Meeting Package for the Board of Los Angeles Convention and Tourism Development special meeting scheduled for March 3, 2021 was published on https://www.lacity.org/. The 84 page document contains updates on developments, negotiations etc. concerning convention and tourism related matters in Los Angeles. On page 18 is an update on citywide conventions 2021, with E3 2021 included:"

I know people say its irrelevant now with industry guys doing their own events digitally, but this is quite sad.

Last edited by hinch - on 01 March 2021

Elden Ring small leaked footage on Dusk Golum's Twitter

From trolling us with 'leaks' me thinks lol.

Probably fake but also..

Last edited by hinch - on 01 March 2021

Around the Network

30 second clip for you Bristow xD Seems legit, looks like it quite far in development.

Bristow9091 said:

Ooh look some actual gameplay! Now show us it in a proper trailer or something lol :P

It basically looks like 'what if Dark Souls had horseback riding and took place in a world that hadn't yet devolved into shit'. I can get into all of that. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Also, who all picked up Kena: Bridge of Spirits? I'm a little disheartened that it was digital only (I was hoping for a physical copy), but the more I think about it and the more I play games the clearer it is that I am a HUGE fan of shorter, budget games. I don't want all my games to be Witcher III or Red Dead Redemption II quality. sometimes I want a 3-5 hour game that's fun but short, and Kena looks to be that game!

Plus, I keep forgetting that if you buy a PS5 game digitally that's also on PS4, you also get the PS4 version. I got that pleasant surprise with Miles Morales, Resident Evil Village, and now Kena!

Also, man this might be the best generational transition ever. All these free upgrades? Urff. My PS5 collection is already at like 12 games and I've only had the console like 4 months! My next major purchase is gonna be Back 4 Blood, which also is on both consoles. And as of right now, I have Resident Evil Village in May, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart in June, Final Fantasy VII Intergrade in July (It comes out June but I'm playing Ratchet that month), and Kena in August. This summer's gonna be lit! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Yeah, wow. I just did a bit of a look of all the games I currently own on Ps5, which includes games I bought, pre-ordered, or am getting a PS5 upgrade free of charge:

1 - Assassin's Creed: Valhall (PS4/PS5 version)
2 - Astro's Playroom
3 - Borderlands 3 (PS4/PS5 version)
4 - Cyber Shadow (PS4/PS5 version)
5 - Demon's Souls
6 - Doom Eternal (PS4/PS5 version)
7 - Final Fantasy VII Remake: Intergrade (Free PS5 Upgrade)
8 - Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS4/PS5 version)
9 - Nioh Remastered: Definitive Edition
10 - Nioh 2 Remastered: Definitive Edition (PS4/PS5 version)
11 - Overcooked: All You Can Eat!
12 - Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
13 - Resident Evil Village (PS4/PS5 Version)
14 - Spider-Man Remastered
15 - Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS4/PS5 version)
16 - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (PS4/PS5 version)

Like, I haven't even owned the console for 6 months yet and I already have 16 games on the system. 3 of them are preorders, so that brings us down to 13. 3 more of them are upgrades we've not gotten yet, so that brings us down to 10. Of those 16, 10 of them are games that, if you buy them digitally you get them on both PS4 and PS5, or will give you the PS5 version free of charge if you have the disc/get a Ps5. so right out the gate, any games you get in this transitional period gives you both versions, incentivizing you to keep buying games for the old console because it means you'll still have a hell of a library on the new console once you get it.

Like, Borderlands 3 on Ps4? not bad. Borderlands 3 on PS5? Game changer. IT's so nice to me to have the option to play on either console or get the free upgrade, and I think we're getting spoiled. That's 16 games (and more to come) that I'll have on a new console within its first year, and I think that might be a record for me. sure, a bunch are just games from the PS4 era either ported to PS5 or mildly tweaked, but the fact that I have 16 games I'll be playing at least within the first year - many of which I personally find outstanding - as well as tonnes of PS4 games that perform so much better is super awesome.

Honestly, this generation rocks, and this isn't exclusive to the Ps5, either. that just happens to be the console I own. Xbox's backwards compatibility and transitionary period is doing well, too. almost all of these games - aside from the exlusives - get the same treatment on that console that they do on the PS5, and that's SUPER user friendly. We didn't have this any time before. Hell, even PC games don't get the same level of free upgrades - or at least didn't until recently. Sure, you get your occasional Skyrim Special Edition free of charge on PC, but of my 200+ steam games (I know, amateur numbers), only like 8 of them have ever gotten the free remaster or update. Not relevant, I'm meandering.

My point is, we gamers are getting it VERY good lately. I love the Switch, I love the Ps5, and I love being a gamer in 2021. There are so many options, so much quality, and so much incentive to get the new consoles. I'm so keen on the PS5 for its improved performance on PS4 games and its upgrades to PS5 versions that I'm seriously considering getting a SECOND Ps5 (Digital version) just to have in my bedroom so I don't gotta share. I mean, good luck to me and all that jazz, but still. Most of these games are truly awesome games I love and bought more than once and intend to play again. It's just so nice that, even if I didn't have a PS5, most of these games I already own would be automatically upgraded to PS5 versions, so I'd already have quite the library once I got the system.

Good stuff. I am a happy gamer.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Yeah the PS5 is easily Sony's strongest console release since the PS2. From the excellent launch titles to the awesome free upgrades. Plus the great games released last year and releasing this year makes it a great time to game. Can't wait to play FFVIIR in all its glory on the PS5. Also hearing rumours about a new firmware patch to allow VRR and 4K 120 and possibly 1440P support this month.

Btw looks like FF7R Part 2 is destined for PS5 and will be built specifically to take advantage of the new hardware. No cross gen? :o

"Lighting and textures are the main adjustments for [Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade], but environmental effects such as fog have also been added to further improve the sense of presence and immersion in the world view. […] As for adaptive triggers, they are partially supported. However, in terms of using all of the features of PlayStation 5, please wait for the next game where we can start from scratch. ~ Tetsuya Nomura

https://wccftech.com/final-fantasy-vii-remake-part-2-fully-exploit-ps5-yuffie-chapter-explained/

Last edited by hinch - on 02 March 2021