By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Guys... Holy fuck! Upgraded Textures + 60 FPS + Free Upgrade? SE you god! Gonna replay this like no tomorrow!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Yeah you can shit on the show. But GOTY getting a free upgrade gets a pass from me lol. Saving to play on PS5 redeemed.

Overall pretty boring show, but I am excited for the PS5 upgrade and FFVII DLC, so that's nice.

I liked the Kena gameplay and story details. Not a fan of the delay, but I am so happy it got delayed. RE8 in May, Ratchet in June, and now Kena in August. Nice.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Re-remaster looking good!

@Runa216

Yup disappointed in the delay, yet not surprised. Devs/Sony were too quiet about the Kena for it to release any time soon. Apart from that, Returnal looks fun to play. And Oddworld on PS Plus is a nice addition.

Bristow9091 said:
hinch said:

Re-remaster looking good!

I... really can't tell the difference. If there was no writing there I'd not have a clue which is which, lol

Lol, it a crap screenshot from the stream, but from a quick glance.. They tweaked the volumetric fog, improved and added extra lighting and effects; like bloom and light sources (look inside the tank) added more SSR (screen space reflections). Small things but all add up. Hopefully they got rid of the horrible textures and streaming issues on the PS4 version.

But yeah there's going to be a high quality mode 4K mode and a performance mode - 60FPS. Will probably stick to the performance mode myself. Bring on June 10th!

Around the Network
Hiku said:

The free upgrade to the PS5 version is great. 60fps, upgraded visuals, loading times, photo mode, etc.
I'll replay it on PS5 for sure.

And the Yuffie stuff looks really good. Before the game released, I had a feeling she would show up in Midgar. And her animations look great.

Interestingly, the Yuffie expansion only seems to work on PS5. So that may be a sign that Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2 will only be for current gen systems. Which was something I expected anyway.

Yeah I'm okay with that. if it came down to 'buy the PS5 version from scratch which comes with the expansion' vs 'get the free update and buy the expansion', I'll take the latter. I don't mind paying 20-30 bucks on an expansion to a game I love that looks fantastic. 

I loved seeing new Kena stuff. That is my most anticipated game based solely on the fact that it is a new IP that looks like it's right up my alley for an action-adventure game

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Okay, found my new wallpaper. Games art looks amazing..

PS Plus games leaked for next month. FFVII Remake! No next gen upgrade though..

twintail said:

Shame about ff7 remake having no update but fair enough i suppose

Wait, didn't they declare just yesterday that FFVII Remake was getting a free update? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS Plus version not getting the free upgrade. Nor FF7R disc owners on PS4 > PS5 Digital Edition (for obvious reasons).

Still, huge game for Plus!