By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

C'mon Konami. Fuck MGS. Give me a sequel to Metal Gear Rising! Also, I need Zone of the Enders 3! First by Platinum and the second by First Studio over at Marvelous. Then hire Inti Creates to make a side-scrolling linear gothic-themed Castlevania in either a 2.5D style or 16-bit style.

Last edited by Leynos - on 21 February 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Well, today convinced me that my next big purchase is going to be a PS5 Digital edition. I wanted to play Bloodborne, my sister wanted to play Ni No Kuni, and my roommate wanted to watch netflix...and despite everyone in the house owning a PS4 capable of doing all of the above, everyone wanted the PS5. why? I dunno; novelty, I guess.

I considered buying a PS5 for my sister since I bought her the PS4 and Ps3 and Vita and PSP and Switch and Wii and 3DS and DS and Gamecube....but naw. She doesn't take good care of her consoles and this way I get to own the console and thus be responsible for its safety while also having the ability to swap between consoles at will. I can have the disc-based console in the living room hooked up to the biggest TV so we can watch blu-rays (And be connected to the internet via hardwire instead of wifi), and I can have my digital console upstairs in my bedroom/game room where I can utilize my digital library of PS4 and PS5 games (which is a rather large majority, now). I mean, I still buy physical, but I get digital first and just keep the physical copies so I can lend them. It makes sense to do it this way, even though it's expensive.

Plus this means I'll get a third controller, a second PS5, and a whole lot of room. I can also expand the memory on my digital-only console, once they unlock the NVME slots on the console itself.

Question, though: Can I actually have all my games on two consoles at the same time? I know I can with a PS4 and a PS5, but can I with two PS5s? I am curious because I wanna make sure I can play, say, Bloodborne on my PS5 digital while my sister plays Ni No Kuni on my PS5 Disc, if I personally am the one that owns both (They'd be using their own login details on the Disc version)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Question, though: Can I actually have all my games on two consoles at the same time? I know I can with a PS4 and a PS5, but can I with two PS5s? I am curious because I wanna make sure I can play, say, Bloodborne on my PS5 digital while my sister plays Ni No Kuni on my PS5 Disc, if I personally am the one that owns both (They'd be using their own login details on the Disc version)

It should work the same as with the PS4. You set the PS5 your sister uses as your primary PS5, which will allow her to use your games already installed on it (you might have to set your family management for that, I’m not sure), and you then use your second PS5 in your room. As long as you’re logged in with your PSN profile, you have access to your games library on any console.

I am doing this with my son for my two PS4s, and it has worked without any issues for us. But I haven’t yet tried it on the PS5 since I currently only have one and it will take a while before I get a second one. Ha ha. 

Last edited by Hynad - on 21 February 2021

Bandorr said:

I don't think two people can use the same account at the same time. So I think you'll need different accounts.

Although that should be true of ps4 and ps5 as well.

We have our own accounts, I would be using my account on my Digital edition and she would be using her account on the disc version, I just wonder if licenses can be sorta shared since she plays my PS4 digital games on her account. I know she CAN (if I'm on Ps4 and she's on PS5), but I'm not sure if the same rule applies when we're both on PS5s. 

BraLoD said:

You can always buy me a PS5 instead, as I take great care of my consoles 😉

Sorry mate. I can't in good conscience do that right now, not until the PS5 has some way to play Legend of Dragoon. In the mean time, I fear you could experience only disappointment and I don't want your first impressions with the console to be negative. 

Hynad said:

It should work the same as with the PS4. You set the PS5 your sister uses as your primary PS5, which will allow her to use your games already installed on it (you might have to set your family management for that, I’m not sure), and you then use your second PS5 in your room. As long as you’re logged in with your PSN profile, you have access to your games library on any console.

I am doing this with my son for my two PS4s, and it has worked without any issues for us. But I haven’t yet tried it on the PS5 since I currently only have one and it will take a while before I get a second one. Ha ha. 

I assumed as much, but that's a huge investment (of both time and money as well as effort and stress) only to find out that it can't work that way. I figure if I make the Disc-based one (the one we all share) my 'primary' one where I allow all users to play my games, then get the Disc-based one as the 'secondary' one that doesn't share licenses but also won't have anyone else's login, it SHOULD work as best I can tell. Honestly, the fact I'm even considering this in the current climate with how little money I'm making shows just how much I've enjoyed the PS5 thus far. 

I didn't have this problem with the PS4 or Switch because when I got them I wasn't sharing consoles. I didn't have my sister living here and my roommates back then had little to no interest in console gaming (or had their own PS4/Xbone). Considering how hard it is to get a Ps5 I almost feel bad for trying to go for a second one, but at the same time, at this point I'd be struggling as much as anyone else to get one. I camped all morning the day preorders went on sale to get a PS5 so I damn-well earned that. Now I am in the rat race. 

My only solace is knowing that the digital consoles aren't as in-demand, I don't think. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Ratchet and Clank (PS4) is free to download on PSN on the 1st March

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/02/23/play-at-home-returns-four-months-of-offers-for-playstation-games-and-entertainment-begin-march-1/

Around the Network

First details of next gen PSVR

Few tidbits..

• Single cable connection - front USB C maybe? No wireless, at least for now
  • New controllers - maybe the hand/finger gesture tracking we got some videos teased on YT ala VIVE/OR
  • Will incorporate some of the new features in DualSense - which isn't a surprise. 
Last edited by hinch - on 23 February 2021

Jim Ryan interview with GQ Magazine discussing the future of PS/PS VR

-New games releasing on PS Plus will continue for subscribers. Kena next please!
-GT7 delayed to 2022, still nothing for GoW: Ragnarok (most likey 2022)
-PSVR 2 no 2021 release, will launch when the games are ready
-More PC ports incoming

Cool stuff - apart from delays :(

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/playstation-vr-jim-ryan-interview-2021

hinch said:

Ratchet and Clank (PS4) is free to download on PSN on the 1st March

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/02/23/play-at-home-returns-four-months-of-offers-for-playstation-games-and-entertainment-begin-march-1/

Absolutely brilliant considering Rift Apart comes out in June. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

hinch said:

Jim Ryan interview with GQ Magazine discussing the future of PS/PS VR

-New games releasing on PS Plus will continue for subscribers. Kena next please!
-GT7 delayed to 2022, still nothing for GoW: Ragnarok (most likey 2022)
-PSVR 2 no 2021 release, will launch when the games are ready
-More PC ports incoming

Cool stuff - apart from delays :(

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/playstation-vr-jim-ryan-interview-2021

Look, I'mma level with you...with how good PS5's 2021 is, I kinda prefer if a handful of games are delayed. Ain't nobody got time for all the games coming to PS5.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Yeah very good timing. Since its on PS Plus anyway this will give other people a chance to play it. Drum up some more hype.

And its another one to add to the digital collection lol.