By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Wow...I love the new poll on this thread. It reminded me how excited I am for the rest of 2021 on PS5! I voted for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, but you can't go wrong with ANY of those options.

My Hype Meter (out of 5 Stars) for each of the games:

***** - Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
****- - Horizon: The Forbidden West
***** - God of War: Ragnarok
**--- - Returnal
***** - Final Fantasy XVI
----- - Gran Turismo 7
***** - Resident Evil: Village
****- - Kena: Bridge of Spirits

Returnal looks okay but I'll wait on reviews and fan feedback. I wasn't as big a fan of Horizon as others but I'm still really excited, I have zero interest in Gran Turismo as I am not into racing games outside of toony Kart Racers or the occasional off-road racer (Though I acknowledge that Gran Turismo is one of the most popular and best-selling racing franchises ever), and I am excited for Kena but since it's a new IP from an unproven studio, I gotta temper my expectations a bit.

As for the others, holy hell so much hype and potential! Ratchet & Clank is pretty much guaranteed to be amazing, God of War is coming off one of the best games of all time, Resident Evil Village is bringing me back to that franchise with a game seemingly heavily inspired by Resident Evil 4 (Another best game of all time contender), and Final Fantasy XVI looks to be returning to the setting and world building of classic FF with the combat system of the VII Remake, a match made in heaven!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

God of War:Ragnarok is my most anticipated game on PS5. The 2018 sequel was one of my favourite games of last generation and personally can't wait to continue Krato's journey.

Also, I have a great feeling that this game will blow me away with graphics and spectacle.. The last time that happened on consoles was with Killzone: Shadowfall on the PS4, back in 2013. SMS are technical whizzes at Sony WWS. From the PS2/3 (1-3 and Ascension) to PS4 GOW (4) all breaking the boundary on what could be done on consoles. Also, can't wait to rip Odin a new one xD

@twintail 

Ahh.. shame. Oh well will pick the game up at some point.

Last edited by hinch - on 18 February 2021

Mortal Kombat (movie) trailer has landed

Actually looks decent :o

hinch said:

I am shocked at how good this looks...

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
hinch said:

I am shocked at how good this looks...

Same. Low key hyped for this. I mean most game-to movies suck but I loved the first MK movie.. for all it cheesy-ness included, and Christopher Lambert lol. But yeah Sub-Zero looking legit and Hiroyuki Sanada as Scorpion. Looks like a winner.

The only thing really missing is Johnny Cage (as of this trailer).

Around the Network

Not sure why anyone would buy additional fans anyway but if you do... DO NOT BUY THESE for the PS5. It is worth a watch though cause there's quite a lot of funny bits.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Those have always been a scam. They blow hot air back into the console. I'm shocked people still buy that crap. It killed 360's even faster back in the 7th gen as well..

Last edited by Leynos - on 19 February 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Ah the infamouse Nyko Intercoolers for the OG Xbox 360.. I remember them. They snapped on the back of the console in a similar fashion and literally melted after a short while. Basically the opposite of what you want, haha. Not sure why anyone would think some tiny little fans blowing in or out would make any difference other than maybe causing more harm than good.

I don't usually mod my consoles but my OCD over clean consoles had me add a matte black vinyl strip (cover) down the middle of the PS5 to cover the glossy part.. to save it from dust and scratches. Prefer the look too, which is a bonus.

So we've been hearing of MGS Remake from Bluepoint as a rumour as of late and Konami outsourcing IP's.

Nicolas Doucet head at Japan Studio updates his Twitter profile. Does a subtle hint at Metal Gear Solid remake - look at his avatar. Probably nothing but yeah...

I mean there is are MGS Easter eggs in Astros Playroom so they are licencing it out to Sony somewhat. I'm guessing this title will be a Demons Souls like colab if it does surface. Which kinda makes sense considering Bluepoints history with remakes and their relationship with Sony.