By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

twintail said:

Is control on PS4 worth playing?

Not sure when I'll get a PS5 if that means anything

On PS5 you get solid 60fps or ray tracing / 30fps. Both options are great. I'm playing with ray tracing on, seeing objects reflection on granite floor is just incredible. Both options are nice to have but not necessary IMO.

The loading time on PS4 might be an annoyance though.

Around the Network
twintail said:

Is control on PS4 worth playing?

Not sure when I'll get a PS5 if that means anything

I would wait to play it. Always hear it doesn't run particularly well on the older systems. But....if you have it on Plus, it may be worth it to give it a spin. You should probably just go with Shadow Of War though.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Runa216 said:

Finally got my last trophy on Spider-Man Remastered on PS5 last night. Mainlined the story as fast as possible, got the 'ultimate difficulty' trophy. I am ready to move on...to Miles Morales.

Nicely done, and pretty impressive really. 

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Runa216 said:

Finally got my last trophy on Spider-Man Remastered on PS5 last night. Mainlined the story as fast as possible, got the 'ultimate difficulty' trophy. I am ready to move on...to Miles Morales.

I was mostly frustrated because it took me 3 playthroughs to do what should have been 1. You can get 100% on the base game and all the DLC packs but one on your first go-through, leaving only the NG+ set (Beat the game on NG+ and beat the game on Ultimate difficulty trophies). Both have to be done on subsequent playhroughs, as NG+ is...your second play through no matter what and Ultimate difficulty isn't unlocked until you beat the game a second time. No big deal, really. Just start a NG+ playthrough on ultimate difficulty, no problem! 

So I did that. I got all the trophies for the base game, the 3 DLC expansions, and the Remastered add-on trophies on my first run, then started NG+ and chose "Ultimate" Difficulty when given the option at the save file creation screen! Play through the whole game, beat it a second time...then only get the NG+ trophy. I looked and found that, yes, both NG+ and Ultimate CAN be done on the same run...

...but I made a mistake I couldn't possibly have known not to do. See, when I beat the game for the first time and did the DLC, I tried it on Ultimate Difficulty for a bit. Just to see if I could handle the game's most challenging mode. I then piggybacked off that save file to make my NG+, but since I was already on Ultimate, it nullified the trophy. Apparently you have to save the first game's playthrough on anything BUT Ultimate before creating your NG+ save file, because the trophy only unlocks if you SWITCH to Ultimate, not if you REMAIN on ultimate, which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard and the dumbest reason I ever had to go through a game an additional time. 

So yeah, couldn't possibly have known that, so wasted another whole weekend of my time getting that last trophy even though I already did it (Beat the entire game on ultimate difficulty). Normally I wouldn't care, as I am NOT a trophy hunter except for games I absolutely love (or are super easy), but I'm on an 8-games-in-a-row streak of getting 100%, I don't wanna break that streak over a single trophy. And 100% is the important stat, not the platinum. it's a weird OCPD thing. 

So now that I'm finally, gratefully done with it, I can move onto the next game. Miles Morales. Which I understand is not only a super easy platinum, but doesn't have any difficulty trophies. I mean, you can't get all the perks until NG+ and I think you need to complete a NG+ run, but I don't have any weird or peculiar requirements. 

After that it's a toss up between Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon Zero Dawn, and FFVII Remake. All are games I intend to get 100% on. I also wanna do Overcooked: All you can Eat, but I gotta wait till ym roommate gets a new PS5 controller so we can play 3-player. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
COKTOE said:

I was mostly frustrated because it took me 3 playthroughs to do what should have been 1. You can get 100% on the base game and all the DLC packs but one on your first go-through, leaving only the NG+ set (Beat the game on NG+ and beat the game on Ultimate difficulty trophies). Both have to be done on subsequent playhroughs, as NG+ is...your second play through no matter what and Ultimate difficulty isn't unlocked until you beat the game a second time. No big deal, really. Just start a NG+ playthrough on ultimate difficulty, no problem! 

So I did that. I got all the trophies for the base game, the 3 DLC expansions, and the Remastered add-on trophies on my first run, then started NG+ and chose "Ultimate" Difficulty when given the option at the save file creation screen! Play through the whole game, beat it a second time...then only get the NG+ trophy. I looked and found that, yes, both NG+ and Ultimate CAN be done on the same run...

...but I made a mistake I couldn't possibly have known not to do. See, when I beat the game for the first time and did the DLC, I tried it on Ultimate Difficulty for a bit. Just to see if I could handle the game's most challenging mode. I then piggybacked off that save file to make my NG+, but since I was already on Ultimate, it nullified the trophy. Apparently you have to save the first game's playthrough on anything BUT Ultimate before creating your NG+ save file, because the trophy only unlocks if you SWITCH to Ultimate, not if you REMAIN on ultimate, which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard and the dumbest reason I ever had to go through a game an additional time. 

So yeah, couldn't possibly have known that, so wasted another whole weekend of my time getting that last trophy even though I already did it (Beat the entire game on ultimate difficulty). Normally I wouldn't care, as I am NOT a trophy hunter except for games I absolutely love (or are super easy), but I'm on an 8-games-in-a-row streak of getting 100%, I don't wanna break that streak over a single trophy. And 100% is the important stat, not the platinum. it's a weird OCPD thing. 

So now that I'm finally, gratefully done with it, I can move onto the next game. Miles Morales. Which I understand is not only a super easy platinum, but doesn't have any difficulty trophies. I mean, you can't get all the perks until NG+ and I think you need to complete a NG+ run, but I don't have any weird or peculiar requirements. 

After that it's a toss up between Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon Zero Dawn, and FFVII Remake. All are games I intend to get 100% on. I also wanna do Overcooked: All you can Eat, but I gotta wait till ym roommate gets a new PS5 controller so we can play 3-player. 

That absolutely sucks, and I had something similar happen to me with inFamous on the PS3. Played it first on Normal, then again on the highest difficulty setting, basically to obtain the last 2 trophies. After completing that second run, the gold, and subsequent plat did't pop. Here's what happened. There is no option to switch difficulty on a menu screen, it can only be done in-game. So I began my "hard mode" run by immediately adjusting the difficulty to hard, or whatever it was called. Turns out, you have to wait for the game to ask you if you would like to change the difficulty, which happens moments after beginning, in order for the trophy to pop. OF COURSSSSE. Makes perfect sense!........How's that for a dumbass reason for a third playthrough?

On your hitlist, I have only played Horizon. Hopefully it jives with you. I loved it.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:

That absolutely sucks, and I had something similar happen to me with inFamous on the PS3. Played it first on Normal, then again on the highest difficulty setting, basically to obtain the last 2 trophies. After completing that second run, the gold, and subsequent plat did't pop. Here's what happened. There is no option to switch difficulty on a menu screen, it can only be done in-game. So I began my "hard mode" run by immediately adjusting the difficulty to hard, or whatever it was called. Turns out, you have to wait for the game to ask you if you would like to change the difficulty, which happens moments after beginning, in order for the trophy to pop. OF COURSSSSE. Makes perfect sense!........How's that for a dumbass reason for a third playthrough?

On your hitlist, I have only played Horizon. Hopefully it jives with you. I loved it.

Everyone seems to love it but me. Something about it...didn't quite resonate with me. I played it before, put ~20 hours into it and got bored. Literally everyone I know who's played it says I'm an idiot and it's one of the best PS4 games (And given the game's sales and critical reception and how people talk about it, I believe it), and that I absolutely must play it. Well, I'mma be getting The Forbidden West when it comes out so I kinda sorta GOTTA play it and I know it's actually really good, but for some reason it didn't click with me. 

Here's a list of games I want to play but I don't know what order I'm going to do them in (all with hopes of getting Platinum, since I'm on a streak)

A Hat in Time

Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection/II/Liberation/Rogue/Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla

Code Vein

Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy (All three games)

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Final Fantasy VIII Remastered

Final Fantasy Type-0

Ghost of Tsushima

Horizon Zero Dawn

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor/War

Nioh/Nioh 2 (Got the remastered for PS5, 120FPS baby)

Rayman Legends (I might give up on this one)

Resident Evil 2/3/4/5/6/7

=====--=--=====

There's also a tonne of games I wanna play but not till I've broken my Platinum/100% streak. Games like Devil May Cry 5, Hollow Knight, Cyber Shadow, the Ni No Kuni games (which I might do if I realistically think I can get 100%), Gravity rush 1/2 (I already got the platinum on Vita, but it's a new list), Final Fantasy IX (I love the game but the trophy requirements are absurd), Doom/Doom Eternal (I think these games will be fun but I doubt I have the FPS skill to get Platinum on either one), TitanFall 2 (Same as Doom), Dead Island/Riptide (I liked these games a lot but the're pretty long/involved). I might also leave the Assassin's Creed and Resident Evil games until after I've conquered the rest of the list. A lot of it revolves around whether or not I can get platinum. Once I TRY a game I think I can do but fail at...my streak will be broken and I can go back to just playing games for fun instead of some OCPD-related need for patterns and consistency. 

Oh, I might also play Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time (it's my favourite but my now-dead cousin borrowed it and he's not bringing it back, since you know, he's dead and all that) and Deadlocked. I got the digital versions, but man after how great the PS4 and PS5 are, it's VERY hard to go back and play games on PS3, no matter how much I love it. I might go back to them before Rift Apart comes out to refresh me. 

Point is, I have a lot of options. I love a lot of games, I love a lot of variety, and while I am a huuuuuuge mega fan of the Switch, right now my focus is on the PS brand since I just got a brand-new PS5 with new games. 

IT's also worth noting that I'm gunning for Overcooked: All you can Eat and Spider-Man Miles morales plats. I wanna get my PS5 trophy list lookin' fine! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
COKTOE said:

Everyone seems to love it but me. Something about it...didn't quite resonate with me. I played it before, put ~20 hours into it and got bored. Literally everyone I know who's played it says I'm an idiot and it's one of the best PS4 games (And given the game's sales and critical reception and how people talk about it, I believe it), and that I absolutely must play it. Well, I'mma be getting The Forbidden West when it comes out so I kinda sorta GOTTA play it and I know it's actually really good, but for some reason it didn't click with me. 

Here's a list of games I want to play but I don't know what order I'm going to do them in (all with hopes of getting Platinum, since I'm on a streak)

A Hat in Time

Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection/II/Liberation/Rogue/Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla

Code Vein

Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy (All three games)

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Final Fantasy VIII Remastered

Final Fantasy Type-0

Ghost of Tsushima

Horizon Zero Dawn

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor/War

Nioh/Nioh 2 (Got the remastered for PS5, 120FPS baby)

Rayman Legends (I might give up on this one)

Resident Evil 2/3/4/5/6/7

=====--=--=====

There's also a tonne of games I wanna play but not till I've broken my Platinum/100% streak. Games like Devil May Cry 5, Hollow Knight, Cyber Shadow, the Ni No Kuni games (which I might do if I realistically think I can get 100%), Gravity rush 1/2 (I already got the platinum on Vita, but it's a new list), Final Fantasy IX (I love the game but the trophy requirements are absurd), Doom/Doom Eternal (I think these games will be fun but I doubt I have the FPS skill to get Platinum on either one), TitanFall 2 (Same as Doom), Dead Island/Riptide (I liked these games a lot but the're pretty long/involved). I might also leave the Assassin's Creed and Resident Evil games until after I've conquered the rest of the list. A lot of it revolves around whether or not I can get platinum. Once I TRY a game I think I can do but fail at...my streak will be broken and I can go back to just playing games for fun instead of some OCPD-related need for patterns and consistency. 

Oh, I might also play Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time (it's my favourite but my now-dead cousin borrowed it and he's not bringing it back, since you know, he's dead and all that) and Deadlocked. I got the digital versions, but man after how great the PS4 and PS5 are, it's VERY hard to go back and play games on PS3, no matter how much I love it. I might go back to them before Rift Apart comes out to refresh me. 

Point is, I have a lot of options. I love a lot of games, I love a lot of variety, and while I am a huuuuuuge mega fan of the Switch, right now my focus is on the PS brand since I just got a brand-new PS5 with new games. 

IT's also worth noting that I'm gunning for Overcooked: All you can Eat and Spider-Man Miles morales plats. I wanna get my PS5 trophy list lookin' fine! 

You certainly give lots of options for responses. You can definitely get the Ni No Kuni Plat, it's just a matter of time investment. Specifically, the post-game grind is kind of brutal. I did it a long time ago on PS3. A friend of mine just did it, and it took him 100 hours. Can't remember for sure, but I think it took me a bit longer. There some luck involved because of the RNG nature of what you are trying to acquire.

Hmm.. I bought Ni no Kuni on PS3, played it for several hours and ended up abandoning it. Might have to look into getting the remaster.

Completed Titanfall 2 (story mode) and man.. I should have played this long ago. Loved it and highly recommend to anyone who likes shooters. Had a blast shooting/parkour plus mechas. Game be found dirt cheap as well. Also just installed a bunch of other PS4 games and have ordered Spiderman Miles Morales - something to push my PS5! But I should really complete Spiderman first before playing lol.

Last edited by hinch - on 08 February 2021

hinch said:

Hmm.. I bought Ni no Kuni on PS3, played it for several hours and ended up abandoning it. Might have to look into getting the remaster.

Completed Titanfall 2 (story mode) and man.. I should have played this long ago. Loved it and highly recommend to anyone who likes shooters. Had a blast shooting/parkour plus mechas. Game be found dirt cheap as well. Also just installed a bunch of other PS4 games and have ordered Spiderman Miles Morales - something to push my PS5! But I should really complete Spiderman first before playing lol.

I'd be willing to say that the story mode of that game and the total package in its entirety might be my favourite FPS of all time? Better even than Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. Nothing else comes close, but I am excited for Doom 2016/Eternal once I get the motivation to do that. 

Right now I'm going to do Miles Morales, then I'm going to see what I'm going to play next. I generally feel like I can have 1-3 games on the go at a time, one primary and one secondary with a multiplayer/casual game like Smash Bros or Rock Band kinda going in perpetuity. Once I'm done Miles Morales, I'll see what I'm feeling. Right now I'm kinda broken with a handful of options closed off because I'm worried about there being PS5 version. 

I want to play Ghost of Tsushima, but I hear it's so very much better on PS5, and my sister is usually playing the PS5. (it's my PS5, but we generally leave it in the living room where everyone has access to it so I don't play it much. the Living room has the biggest and best TV, so it just makes the most sense; I'm just an introverted trash person who hates socializing so I avoid being in the living room if I can.) I want to play Days Gone but same issue. I want to play Final Fantasy VII Remake but...I got to chapter 8 last time I played and got distracted so I either have to start over again or suffer. Plus I've heard rumours of a PS5 version, so I'm kinda holding out to see if that happens. Same with Horizon Zero Dawn. 

Many of the games I want to play I have some reason for not playing. There aren't many games in my list that I can't think of a logical reason not to play except that I'm 'just not feeling it' right now. Like Crash Bandicoot. I actually remember loving 2 and 3, but I'm kinda scared to play 1 since I hear it's absurd with its trophies. I got that Cyber Shadow game, too, but I hear that's also absurd with its trophies. It's just a crapshoot with me. I just gotta beat Miles Morales and go from there. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

@Runa216 

I've had a long history with FPS games. Stretching all the way back to the Celeron and Pentium 1 (PC) days with Wolfenstein to Doom, Quake, Half Life, Duke Nukem 3D, Unreal Tournament to modern FPS. And I admit almost completely loosing interest in the genre outside of a few select multiplayer games like CS - newer FPS barely do anything for me. This one rekindles my interest for the FPS, it does so much good. Its like a FPS version Vanquish. Good gameplay, level design, characters and an actual semi-decent story. I'm actually bummed that I missed out on the multiplayer side. This might make me have another stab again at Doom (2016) and Wolfenstein: The New Order. Have to admit both games haven't really clicked with me yet but I'll give them a go. I don't know.. maybe its just Betheda's FPS's lol.

Yeah GoT looks good, probably worth a good play through once everyone is done with the game and things settle down; with all the big releases lol. Might be worth trying that remote play, assuming it keeps the upgrades (60fps) through a stream. That or take back your PS5 for a week or two! I'm in the same situation with FFVII Remake. Kinda stopped playing on the PS4 so I could play it on the PS5 but now there's talks of a an upgrade coming. 4K 60 would do wonders for the game!

But yeah looking forward to Miles Morales. Spiderman is brilliant and having read the comics I really want to see it in action. I don't even want to look at trophies for Crash the game is as hard as nails, hah.