By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Astral said:
Replicant said:

Sony expects $10B in profits for FY2020 when it ends on March 31 (up 86% from FY2019). This is a record for Sony and is higher than the yearly profits of companies such as Walt Disney and Coca Cola.

Sony shared plans to further strengthen its 4 entertainment pillars (games, music, movies and anime) and announced that they've formed a capital alliance with Kadokawa Corporation – the owner of Spike Chunsoft and FromSoftware. Translation: Blooborne 2 is happening :D

Crazy turnaround. Stock is now almost 12 times higher than it was in 2012.

This reminds me of the days when Kaz Hirai was named president and CEO of Sony as a whole back in 2012 when almost every decision was bleeding money. He initiated his "One Sony, three pillars" strategy which was the start of turning things around. He was the man for the job.

And people mocked him for doing a lot of cuts and still losing money. But that was all needed to get where Sony is today.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:

What happened to this forum? Where's the PS crowds?

Anyway,
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/02/marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-sold-4-1-million-units-in-2020

We're all busy playing PS games like Spider-Man and Demon's Souls and Nioh Collection! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

NoCtiS_NoX said:

Anyway,
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/02/marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-sold-4-1-million-units-in-2020

Some have left. Others have been permabanned.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

twintail said:
COKTOE said:

So, Control:Ultimate Edition has a file size that is 42% smaller than that of the XBSX and Xbox One. I didn't even know about this Kraken Compression tech that the PS5 has, ( and maybe some other things because I didn't watch the Cerny unveiling ) but this is really sweet, and something that will hopefully be taken advantage of often always.

https://n4g.com/news/2399630/control-ultimate-edition-is-42-smaller-on-ps5-than-xsx-thanks-to-better-compression-tech

This would be major for certain large file size games. Like say, the collection of updated Hitman games where 1 2 and 3 are all playable in one group, or just monsters like RDR2.

I may be mistaken, but I believe that even Spiderman is smaller on the PS5 than on PS4. 

Seems you are correct.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

We all know sony is taking over anime market, not only with media itself, but also games.
With that in mind we saw today Kadokawa / CyberAgent / Sony partnership, but it got me thinking about studios Sony could go after to establish itself as the one giant anime company:
Bandai Namco - too big, sort of too much, but I can definitely see a partnership happening and they own lots of anime licenses
Cyberconnect2 - one of the greatest anime developers, would fit like a glove for sony's anime projects
Level 5 - very capable studio, long history with sony and recent poor results sales and reception wise.

What do you guys think?

Around the Network

More rumour mill. Silent Hill may finally be shown/announced in Summer.

An Arabic Youtuber 'AI Hub' interviewed the Silent Hill Composer, Akira Yamaoka.

At 8 mins in he is asked when his next project is going to be shown and replied that its probably going to be shown this Summer, and is “the one you’re hoping for”.. Hmm gotta be Silent Hill! I mean look at the Youtubers background lol

https://wccftech.com/silent-hill-akira-yamaoka-summer-reveal-for-reboot/

Runa216 said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Anyway,

We're all busy playing PS games like Spider-Man and Demon's Souls and Nioh Collection! 

That's true. With all the games we are having I  have less time reading the forum post. 

COKTOE said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Anyway,

I am seeing lot of the Sony folks here in neogaf. Might be the reason as well. Neogaf is a bit Sony or PS fan friendly than this site. XD

zealen said:

We all know sony is taking over anime market, not only with media itself, but also games.
With that in mind we saw today Kadokawa / CyberAgent / Sony partnership, but it got me thinking about studios Sony could go after to establish itself as the one giant anime company:
Bandai Namco - too big, sort of too much, but I can definitely see a partnership happening and they own lots of anime licenses
Cyberconnect2 - one of the greatest anime developers, would fit like a glove for sony's anime projects
Level 5 - very capable studio, long history with sony and recent poor results sales and reception wise.

What do you guys think?

Yep, I still think Level-5 will be a good acquisition. They are not doing good right now and Yokai watch could be big again with Sony's marketing or Aniplex. Aniplex can absorb them and Level-5 can create mobile gacha games and have them also some sort of exclusive content for PS console. With the Synergy the big boss is trying to accomplish starting April 1. I can see some of the games, Aniplex publishing will come first to PS devices or with exclusive content. 
I really baffled really that even though Sony division is under one umbrella and they worked like isolated with each other. Luckily, the new head of Sony is trying to changed this and hoping more collab from all the divisions. 

Bristow9091 said:
zealen said:

What do you guys think?

Buy Level 5, remaster the White Knight Chronicles games, and make more of them! ...I can dream, right? :( 

White Knight Chronicles reboot with the Combat game play of either God of War or Gotsu or both and with the scope of Witcher. You also transform again to huge mecha and all characters will have it. 

I also dreaming of a Dark Cloud 3. With a robust town building and a lot of side-games.

COKTOE said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Anyway,

I've been informed I'm on my last warning, for having too much bias towards Sony and against Microsoft. Apparently I criticize Microsoft/Xbox too much, so much so that I got banned from that forum entirely. Nobody has explained to me beyond 'being too critical of microsoft' as a reason, so if it's something else nobody has informed me of it. All the warnings I've gotten and all the bans boil down to 'you're just bitching about microsoft too much' or 'we banned you from the microsoft forum so you wouldn't talk about them, but you still talk about them in the sony forum when comparing the platforms so we're going to ban you, now.' they cite flaming, but that's not even remotely what I'm doing. Like, seriously, Every time I ask others outside of this sphere if the things I said looked like flaming to them, they said no and most outright laughed, then were confused when I told them I was banned for it. It turns out the definition for 'flaming' on this forum is very loose and can be intepreted as 'being too critical of a brand'. 

I literally got banned once for posting a point by point analysis of the PS4, Switch, and Xbone, comparing exclusives throughout the years...just raw data and some analysis of that data's trends, and I got banned because I rightly said Microsoft's output was poor, based on the data. I do not understand how this is flaming. I do not understand how this is in any way against any of the rules...but because it was me and I clearly have not been impressed by Microsoft to the point I'm rightly relentlessly critical of the company's decisions, it can be interpreted as flaming. 

if this isn't the case, if this isn't the real reason, and if this isn't why I'm constantly getting banned, nobody has taken the time to explain it to me. It is their site, if they want me gone because my criticism is ruining it for others, that's fine. It's their site. If they were just like 'hey, we don't like your negativity', then that'd be different. Instead they cite flaming as the reason when what I've done in the past is not flaming at all, just as an excuse to justify a ban. I've seen the shit people get banned for, I've seen the bias on all sides, and what I say and do is NOWHERE NEAR as bad as like 95% of it on the site. In the end, free speech and a personal enterprise and all that, it's their site and their decision, but their logic has been from day one pretty noncommital and inconsistent. Every ban I've gotten appears to boil down to 'you're being too critical of Microsoft, so we're gonna ban you for it'. 

So yeah, I'm still a little salty about it because even when I'm trying to be good or neutral or non-inflammatory, I keep getting banned. That's why I hardly post on here anymore. I always assume every post - no matter how benign - will get me banned. and now that I'm on the 'last warning' stage, I just assume I'll be booted at any time for having a preference, voicing that preference, and offering facts and data to support why I have that preference. But hey, if anyone has deeper insight into the problem I'd be happy to hear it! As of now, though, 'being too critical of microsoft' seems to be the culprit, as far as I can tell. 

**Edit** To be clear, the reason I posted this is because I don't know what I can do to avoid further banning aside from...just not discussing one of the three major game hardware companies on a videogame forum and I genuinely would like some clarity on the matter. If it literally just is that I'm being too harshly critical, then at least I know the bias is real and the favouritism is real and I Can adjust accordingly. If they genuinely think what I'm doing is flaming, well then I'm fucked because it's NOT flaming by any stretch of the imagination and there's nothing I can do short of completely removing any and all semblance of passion for a medium I'm passionate about. 

Last edited by Runa216 - on 05 February 2021

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

I've been informed I'm on my last warning, for having too much bias towards Sony and against Microsoft. Apparently I criticize Microsoft/Xbox too much, so much so that I got banned from that forum entirely. Nobody has explained to me beyond 'being too critical of microsoft' as a reason, so if it's something else nobody has informed me of it. All the warnings I've gotten and all the bans boil down to 'you're just bitching about microsoft too much' or 'we banned you from the microsoft forum so you wouldn't talk about them, but you still talk about them in the sony forum when comparing the platforms so we're going to ban you, now.' they cite flaming, but that's not even remotely what I'm doing. Like, seriously, Every time I ask others outside of this sphere if the things I said looked like flaming to them, they said no and most outright laughed, then were confused when I told them I was banned for it. It turns out the definition for 'flaming' on this forum is very loose and can be intepreted as 'being too critical of a brand'. 

I literally got banned once for posting a point by point analysis of the PS4, Switch, and Xbone, comparing exclusives throughout the years...just raw data and some analysis of that data's trends, and I got banned because I rightly said Microsoft's output was poor, based on the data. I do not understand how this is flaming. I do not understand how this is in any way against any of the rules...but because it was me and I clearly have not been impressed by Microsoft to the point I'm rightly relentlessly critical of the company's decisions, it can be interpreted as flaming. 

if this isn't the case, if this isn't the real reason, and if this isn't why I'm constantly getting banned, nobody has taken the time to explain it to me. It is their site, if they want me gone because my criticism is ruining it for others, that's fine. It's their site. If they were just like 'hey, we don't like your negativity', then that'd be different. Instead they cite flaming as the reason when what I've done in the past is not flaming at all, just as an excuse to justify a ban. I've seen the shit people get banned for, I've seen the bias on all sides, and what I say and do is NOWHERE NEAR as bad as like 95% of it on the site. In the end, free speech and a personal enterprise and all that, it's their site and their decision, but their logic has been from day one pretty noncommital and inconsistent. Every ban I've gotten appears to boil down to 'you're being too critical of Microsoft, so we're gonna ban you for it'. 

So yeah, I'm still a little salty about it because even when I'm trying to be good or neutral or non-inflammatory, I keep getting banned. That's why I hardly post on here anymore. I always assume every post - no matter how benign - will get me banned. and now that I'm on the 'last warning' stage, I just assume I'll be booted at any time for having a preference, voicing that preference, and offering facts and data to support why I have that preference. But hey, if anyone has deeper insight into the problem I'd be happy to hear it! As of now, though, 'being too critical of microsoft' seems to be the culprit, as far as I can tell. 

**Edit** To be clear, the reason I posted this is because I don't know what I can do to avoid further banning aside from...just not discussing one of the three major game hardware companies on a videogame forum and I genuinely would like some clarity on the matter. If it literally just is that I'm being too harshly critical, then at least I know the bias is real and the favouritism is real and I Can adjust accordingly. If they genuinely think what I'm doing is flaming, well then I'm fucked because it's NOT flaming by any stretch of the imagination and there's nothing I can do short of completely removing any and all semblance of passion for a medium I'm passionate about. 

Thanks for this ^.  My Friday was getting a little bit sad but this got me to laughing and put a smile on my face that will last the rest of the day.

I really love the satire. Well done!

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Runa216 said:
COKTOE said:

You aren`t the first user to be completely banned from talking about one subject or brand. So yes you basically have only 2 options, either stop talking anything MS or just talk good of them.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."