By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

I am such a fool for so many reasons.

1 - I have a Ps5, but i barely use it. My sister and roommate have been using it more than me, lately.
2 - What playing I do has MOSTLY been through remote play (Introvert here, I prefer my game room compared to my Living Room. My Ps4 is in the game room, my PS5 is in the living room so people can share).
3 - I have owned Spider-Man since 2018 and I just started playing it for the first time since getting the PS5 remaster. Holy shit what a fun game.
4 - I keep forgetting about the adaptive triggers and haptics, and I keep thinking I broke something every time the controller grinds or clicks

Seriously makes a world of difference when you have the actual PS5 on a 4K TV as opposed to remote play. And so many great games. I got a lot of catching up to do.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Just platined Medievil (and gave a look at the original which is made available when you meet some conditions on the remake), and let me say the remake is quite pleasing to play even though some glaring mistakes in level design and gameplay. But the few moments I tried the original I would say thanks god I didn't tried at that time or I would possibly have bad memories about it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

Just platined Medievil (and gave a look at the original which is made available when you meet some conditions on the remake), and let me say the remake is quite pleasing to play even though some glaring mistakes in level design and gameplay. But the few moments I tried the original I would say thanks god I didn't tried at that time or I would possibly have bad memories about it.

I know this isn't a popular opinion, but PS1 games (And N64 games) Have NOT aged well. that entire generation was a bust for me. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
DonFerrari said:

I know this isn't a popular opinion, but PS1 games (And N64 games) Have NOT aged well. that entire generation was a bust for me. 

Agreed. And I think that opinion may be a bit more popular than you realize. Although I definitely wouldn't consider it a bust, as I enjoyed it at the time, it's difficult to return to. Even gen 6 can be jarring upon revisitation.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Runa216 said:

Agreed. And I think that opinion may be a bit more popular than you realize. Although I definitely wouldn't consider it a bust, as I enjoyed it at the time, it's difficult to return to. Even gen 6 can be jarring upon revisitation.

They were games of the era. Turn based JRPG's were all the rage, 3D platformers were popular and the console alone gave us many great IP's like; MGS, GTA, Tomb Raider, Tekken, Silent Hill, Resident Evil etc etc. Its kinda like you had to have been there :P

But yeah playing them now and comparing them to modern games, early 3D games haven't aged well. There are some select titles like FF7, 8 and 9 that are timeless but there arent that many lol. Same can be said about most games from PS2/GC/Xbox era.

Around the Network
Zombie9ers said:

Got my PS5 on Friday- absolutely incredible! Platinumed Astro- such an amazing game and brought back a lot of great memories over the years. The Dualsense functions are great - see a lot of developer potential there. Miles Morales is a ton of fun. Got Sackboy's Big Adventure to play coop with my son - he loves it. The Pathless is pretty good so far too- I'm still early in it. Demon's Souls stopped loading for some reason - I looked online and it seems to be an issue for some with the game - not the PS5 hardware. Hopefully they can fix it soon.

Congrats dude. Enjoy. Astrobot is a great throwback, I'm really hoping for a full fledged sequel.

Still playing through Spiderman myself and have a tonne of other games to get through in my backlog lol. But I'm still tempted to buy more (need to play Ghosts of Tsushima!)

hinch said:
Zombie9ers said:

Got my PS5 on Friday- absolutely incredible! Platinumed Astro- such an amazing game and brought back a lot of great memories over the years. The Dualsense functions are great - see a lot of developer potential there. Miles Morales is a ton of fun. Got Sackboy's Big Adventure to play coop with my son - he loves it. The Pathless is pretty good so far too- I'm still early in it. Demon's Souls stopped loading for some reason - I looked online and it seems to be an issue for some with the game - not the PS5 hardware. Hopefully they can fix it soon.

Congrats dude. Enjoy. Astrobot is a great throwback, I'm really hoping for a full fledged sequel.

Still playing through Spiderman myself and have a tonne of other games to get through in my backlog lol. But I'm still tempted to buy more (need to play Ghosts of Tsushima!)

Thanks - both Ghost and Days Gone have been updated and run 60 FPS on PS5- it's like playing a new game entirely.  Highly recommend both

COKTOE said:
Runa216 said:

Keep in mind this opinion includes games like Mario 64, Ocarina of TIme, and Metal Gear Solid. I don't think they're BAD or anything (And I completely agree that they were integral to the medium as a whole), I just think they're an absolute slog to play now. The controllers, the graphics, the design aspects...all obtuse as hell. I can play OOT on 3DS just fine, but trying to play it on an N64 is a goddamn nightmare and I don't think the world and dungeon design is good enough to overcome that very significant hurdle. 

I think JRPGs and, ironically, racing games are the only 5th gen games that have aged well. Final Fantasy, Mario Kart, stuff like that was amazing but trying to play shooters or platformers or adventure games on those consoles was a bust. Again, I do agree the games were instrumental in the medium as a whole but they do not hold up at all. 

SNES games do. NES games do. Gamecube games do and may very well have held up better than any other console of its era despite it failing (Truly ahead of its time), but the N64 and PS1? Eeeeh, big old pass from me. 

Wait, Mega Man 8 and X4-6 were all amazing. because they were 2D. Castlevania Symphony of the Night, too. I just feel the Ps1 and N64 could DO 3D, but not do it well enough to compare to the quality of 2D games. It would have been the pinnacle of 2D gaming, instead they chose to be the pits of 3D gaming. That's how technology works and I Accept that, but still. I have a PS5, it makes me happy, and yet I still play stuff like the Mega Man X Legacy collection on it more than Demon's Souls (Though I did put nearly 100 hours into Demon's Souls)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Zombie9ers said:
hinch said:

Thanks - both Ghost and Days Gone have been updated and run 60 FPS on PS5- it's like playing a new game entirely.  Highly recommend both

Honestly, I wasn't interested in Days Gone when it came out. But with all the news and reports of how amazing it is on Ps5 (What with it being upgraded and the glitches/performance issues patched out), I'm super keen on it. Reminds me a bit of Dark Souls. The original game was....fine but it had some real performance issues that kept it from being a classic for me. With how poorly it performed - especially in Blighttown - I half loved it and half hated it. But with the remaster - which I own on PS4 and Switch - those issues are gone and thus the only REAL issue I had with the game is alleviated. Now, I actually really like Blighttown and the depths and Lost Izalith. I know they've got problems, but the 4fps chug is gone, so I look at it exclusively from a world design and narrative standpoint and now I really love it. 

With Days Gone having similar patches and updates, I can say that I'm happy to give it a shot! 

Just, not until I've beaten Spider-Man Remastered, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Overcooked: all you can Eat, Nioh Collection Remastered, Ghost of Tsushima, and (to my shame) Horizon: Zero Dawn. I have a bit of a backlog of games to get through. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
DonFerrari said:

I can still play a few of them, but yes I agree with you and from what I see most PS gamers can accept PS1 didn't age well, but Nintendo fans say N64 aged well and will say that art style granted it versus realism on PS.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."