By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

Hi,all. It's been a long while , since I posted on the site. I was lucky enough to get a ps5 disk system on Dec 30th.
If anyone wants too add me on ps5, animerealm is my psn is.
Hope everyone is doing good.

Hey guy. I remember you. Hope it's good for you too.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Finally got my PS5 on Best Buy today - pick it up next Friday - can’t freaking wait!

COKTOE said:
Yes, I saw in your post that the password thing could be disabled, which is why I lead with "Thanks for the tip". :)

Oh, I missed that. My bad.

COKTOE said:
Didn't claim on the console this month, I was on the app. Clicked "PS Plus" in the app, and it took me to the web store. Interestingly enough, I didn't have to disable the password, and claimed the games relatively hassle-free.

Just want to mention that on the web-store the way Shadow Of The Tomb Raider is presented is pathetic. While claiming, the top, screen-filling option is to purchase the game. Yes, YES, that's why I'm here. To buy Shadow Of The Tomb Raider. It's why I clicked came to the PS Plus section. It's actually why subbed to plus almost a decade ago. To buy Shadow Of The Tomb Raider today.

Scrolling down, the next option is to try the demo. That's awesome, because it's actually something I wanted as well, but not as much to buy a digital copy!

Finally, at the bottom of the page, represented with smaller graphical icons, is my option to claim the game on Plus.

This is being done to trick people into accidentally buying the game. Kids. Idiots. The careless. Whatever. And just to clarify, this method was only used for Shadow Of The Tomb Raider. I've mentioned this tactic being used is similar ways on the console storefront. Again, only by the big publishers.

That does indeed sound like a hassle and that's not how I claim PS+ games on the app. Instead of following the link to the web store (marked with "1" on the image below), just scroll a little further down and claim the games directly in the app (marked with "2").

Anyone here play Red DEad Online? I need to invade someone's posse free roam activity for my second to last trophy.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Replicant said:
COKTOE said:
Yes, I saw in your post that the password thing could be disabled, which is why I lead with "Thanks for the tip". :)

Oh, I missed that. My bad.

COKTOE said:
Didn't claim on the console this month, I was on the app. Clicked "PS Plus" in the app, and it took me to the web store. Interestingly enough, I didn't have to disable the password, and claimed the games relatively hassle-free.

Just want to mention that on the web-store the way Shadow Of The Tomb Raider is presented is pathetic. While claiming, the top, screen-filling option is to purchase the game. Yes, YES, that's why I'm here. To buy Shadow Of The Tomb Raider. It's why I clicked came to the PS Plus section. It's actually why subbed to plus almost a decade ago. To buy Shadow Of The Tomb Raider today.

Scrolling down, the next option is to try the demo. That's awesome, because it's actually something I wanted as well, but not as much to buy a digital copy!

Finally, at the bottom of the page, represented with smaller graphical icons, is my option to claim the game on Plus.

This is being done to trick people into accidentally buying the game. Kids. Idiots. The careless. Whatever. And just to clarify, this method was only used for Shadow Of The Tomb Raider. I've mentioned this tactic being used is similar ways on the console storefront. Again, only by the big publishers.

That does indeed sound like a hassle and that's not how I claim PS+ games on the app. Instead of following the link to the web store (marked with "1" on the image below), just scroll a little further down and claim the games directly in the app (marked with "2").

It's not really a hassle at all. It's easy enough to simply scroll down. I just think the presence of such options is slimy. These options to purchase started appearing in games from "big publishers" at the same time the option to "add to library" was removed. It is done a bit differently depending on the method one uses to claim, with the web store being the worst, but they're shoving that "option" in there now.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 07 January 2021

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
twintail said:

So I recently finished Knack 2 and I have to say that I think it's a good sign that we can expect some great things from Studio Japan for the PS5.
It's not a perfect game. But when you consider the improvements over the first (virtually every way); the fact that it is fun to play; and how long it is (maybe to a fault), I think it's clear that the PS4 gen has been a stage of establishing the base for hopefully bigger and better things to come.

I don't think Knack 3 is on the cards (which I feel is a bit of a pity because there's still room for improvement) but I can definitely see Studio Japan getting 2 major internal releases out for the PS5. Maybe 3.

imho Japan Studios improved a lot from PS3 times to PS4 even though I did love Pupetteer.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Man, my poor PS5 does NOt get any downtime. If my brother isn't playing on it, then I'm playing remotely on it or my roommate is playing it or we're all watching netflix on it. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say it gets 12-16 hours of use a day. It has had some crashes, but luckily it rebounds quickly and easily.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

Man, my poor PS5 does NOt get any downtime. If my brother isn't playing on it, then I'm playing remotely on it or my roommate is playing it or we're all watching netflix on it. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say it gets 12-16 hours of use a day. It has had some crashes, but luckily it rebounds quickly and easily.

Mine is getting a lot of action as well (Sackboy and Crash 4 are a lot of fun guys!). We're both working from home as Denmark has pretty much closed down again. It's a perfect thing to have during a pandemic.

A week and no new posts! Anywho.. Looks like Santa Monica Studio are hiring for a new announced game :o

What do you guys think a new IP?

Got my PS5 on Friday- absolutely incredible! Platinumed Astro- such an amazing game and brought back a lot of great memories over the years. The Dualsense functions are great - see a lot of developer potential there. Miles Morales is a ton of fun. Got Sackboy's Big Adventure to play coop with my son - he loves it. The Pathless is pretty good so far too- I'm still early in it. Demon's Souls stopped loading for some reason - I looked online and it seems to be an issue for some with the game - not the PS5 hardware. Hopefully they can fix it soon.