By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Just checked, and I DID NOT get the PS4 version of Bugsnax along with the PS5 version. My bad. I've been conditioned to think cross-buy titles were automatically on all platforms with Plus, because, well, they almost always were. I get why this would be PS5-only though.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 30 November 2020

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

COKTOE said:
- I went into the store while logged-into the app. I found the PS+ icon, tapped it, and was required to login again. Not sure if this will be the new norm, but I definitely didn't have to login twice to claim games in the past.

- I'm not going to get too much into the app, but as I mentioned, I literally had to take an extra step that didn't have to in the past in order to claim my game. Regarding the inability to "add to library", yes, after approximately 5-6 months where one, or sometimes both games could not be added, it has reverted back to the way it always was.

Bold: Me neither and I'm still not required to log in twice. You sure you haven't accidentally enabled "Require Password at Checkout"?

COKTOE said:
Sorry if my post is half assed or weird. I had 3 hours of sleep after 22 hours awake. Just spelling is kinda tough right now. :)

I've noticed and I'm pissed.

COKTOE said:

Just checked, and I DID NOT get the PS4 version of Bugsnax along with the PS5 version. My bad. I've been conditioned to think cross-buy titles were automatically on all platforms with Plus, because, well, they almost always were. I get why this would be PS5-only though.

If you check the PS App buggsnax have 2 entries, one that list as PS5 and PS4 and the other that we got on PS+ that is PS5-only.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Back from VGChartz Jail! (Seriously, you get banned for the dumbest things on this website).

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

DonFerrari said:
COKTOE said:

If you check the PS App buggsnax have 2 entries, one that list as PS5 and PS4 and the other that we got on PS+ that is PS5-only.

twintail said:
COKTOE said:

The PS Plus version was announced as PS5 only.

But yes, cross platform titles are petty much both put on PS plus so it's understandable you would have thought so. 

Beyond these 2 things, when I redeemed it on mobile, it was listed as PS4/PS5. I was going to take a screenshot for the express purpose of having some type of backup for this thread, but I got a brand new phone, and taking a screenshot isn't done the same way as it was on my old phone ( I still don't know how, ha ) so I couldn't do it. Anyway, it's all worked out. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

Back from VGChartz Jail! (Seriously, you get banned for the dumbest things on this website).

Hiiii Runa!

COKTOE said:
DonFerrari said:

twintail said:

The PS Plus version was announced as PS5 only.

But yes, cross platform titles are petty much both put on PS plus so it's understandable you would have thought so. 

Beyond these 2 things, when I redeemed it on mobile, it was listed as PS4/PS5. I was going to take a screenshot for the express purpose of having some type of backup for this thread, but I got a brand new phone, and taking a screenshot isn't done the same way as it was on my old phone ( I still don't know how, ha ) so I couldn't do it. Anyway, it's all worked out. :)

Get your act together and study this smartphone =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

With PS5 just having launched, people are of course spending more of their spare time gaming so it's understandable that this thread becomes less active. Still, it makes me a bit of a sad panda that I'm never able to catch a few updates when visiting. Have to go other places for that.

Ryuu is doing an awesome job with the Xbox thread constantly posting news, rumors, tweets, polls, open questions, etc. I'm not saying this should be updated as regularly but maybe just a weekly news recap or something like that. And this is not to criticise Bristow as he only took the job because no one else volunteered at the time and he was completely clear about not having the time to update the thread regularly.

If I'm longing for more activity, I should just post more myself or request being the future thread OP. Like Bristow, I currently don't have the time though which I guess is the case for everyone. It's a pity though because this thread could be a way to lure more regulars to the site that mostly care about causal PS talk with minimal of the fanboy war toxicity that is present in far too many individual threads. Dunno. I'm rambling. There's probably not much to do.

I would say that for the Xbox Megathread that is more of a need since for PS we get plenty of threads, well at least Xbox get a lot of reports on the interviews of their top brass.

DonFerrari said:

I would say that for the Xbox Megathread that is more of a need since for PS we get plenty of threads, well at least Xbox get a lot of reports on the interviews of their top brass.

It's true that PS gets more individual threads instead. Problem is that many of those are (or quickly will be) filled with fanboy war stuff which isn't what many users seek when visiting VGC. Especially tiring are those threads where fanboy fuel clearly is the OP's sole intention (no matter if it's a PS fan smearing the competition or an XB/Nintendo fan smearing PS).

In the weeks leading up to PS5 launch this thread was one of the most active on the site. But these megathreads quickly become wastelands if they don't have an active OP. I've seen many casual PS users leave this site but maybe some will return if we have an active megathread without all the fanboy war nonsense.