By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony Aniplex's revenue doubles from $900M to $1.8 billion after Fate/Grand Order releases worldwide

Mobile is where the money is. Many casuals won’t pay $59.99 for a game but will get a free game and pay $0.99 sixty times with nary a care in the world lol.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:

Mobile meh,may it die fast so those recourses are put Making amazing AAA and AA playstation exclusives.

I don't think this will affect Sony's 1st party studios at all. If there is someone I trust is them. The only mistake they've done is pricing the PS3 $600 everything else they've been on point.

FentonCrackshell said:
Mobile is where the money is. Many casuals won’t pay $59.99 for a game but will get a free game and pay $0.99 sixty times with nary a care in the world lol.

You are not wrong but in this particular case the money comes from die hard hardcore fans who spend literally thousands of dollars yearly in the game, there is even a guy who has already spent over 70k dollars on it.

Being a part of this community i can tell you that a lot of these "whales" (and F2P players like myself) are indeed console (and PC) players as well as forum goers, who just happen to be big fans of the Fate franchise as well as young adults with a lot of disposable income, and thas how they (the "whales") choose to spend it.

Which only serves to remind me the POTENTIAL a big budget exclusive Fate game would have, but it aint happening...

BraLoD said:
Still not available on Brazil tho

Just play it in english, i know its a mobile game but trust me when i say that its pretty great! (there is a reason its gotten so popular).

BraLoD said:
estebxx said:

Just play it in english, i know its a mobile game but trust me when i say that its pretty great! (there is a reason its gotten so popular).

I would play it in english even if it was in portuguese (seriously) but I'm not making a fake US google play account for that.

Don't have a clue why it's not in our store tho, dozens of games even still in japanese/chinese are there but a game with a worldwide release is not...

You dont have to, just download an APP called QooApp (which is essentially another Playstore or Appstore for Japanese games) and then just open it and search for Fate Go (the english version) and there you go.

Around the Network

the last mobile game i played was simpsons tapped out, now its just a phone i text and talk on. and use the bluetooth for music and podcasts.

sony can use the revenue. good for them and shareholders.

xl-klaudkil said:

Mobile meh,may it die fast so those recourses are put Making amazing AAA and AA playstation exclusives.

This is the exact opposite of reality.  This game being published by Aniplex takes away zero resources from Playstation.  On the other hand, revenue generated by the game makes Sony a healthier company overall and might possibly mean more capital for Playstation.

I hope Wild Arms mobile does good too. It might revive the series and interest with it and a console version springs up in the future.

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

xl-klaudkil said:

Come on buddy this has nothing to do with Playstation. And Sony are not diverting resources away from playstation to support this. Not only is it self sufficient but it also rakes in the dough. If anything it gives Sony more money to invest in playstation. 

I'm delighted seeing them find huge success on mobile without taking resources away from playstation. 

Sony need to buy the franchise. Even Netflix has a couple Netflix Original FATE anime series.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5