By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Weekly, 12th May 2018, Software

VGPolyglot said:
Looks like Prey for PS4 will leg it out to a million.

Its legs have been really good compared to its initial sales. I was pleasantly suprised by this because it seemed like it would be a flop, but now it will even get a DLC.

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

Around the Network
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Exactly! Dont listen to him, some people want to believe it "bombed" to fit their own personal agenda. 

Nintendo most likely expected it to sell a lot more (they did that Ariana Grande add after it was clear that LABO didn't "catch fire"), and 10 million or more got the most votes in a poll here. But compared to that, selling around 1 million is "doing well" because it probably covered the development costs? I would say that your "personal agenda" is much stronger than mine if you can't admit that LABO sold well below the expectations.

Touché

I still maintain you're clearly the one with a personal agenda against Nintendo. "Oh good Labo flopped"? It's okay if you have something against Nintendo, it's your right. Just own up to it and don't get offended when you're called out for it

WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Really? It's its fourth week and it's already over half a million sales both versions combined. Considering how overpriced it and the low initial investment that went into development, I'd say it's done quite well. It can reach a million before the end of the year.

Compared to expectations it did. Nintendo most likely expected it to sell a lot more, like many on this site. 10 million or more got the most votes in a poll here.

Funny that Nintendo stated that it has met expectations

MasonADC said:
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:

Compared to expectations it did. Nintendo most likely expected it to sell a lot more, like many on this site. 10 million or more got the most votes in a poll here.

Funny that Nintendo stated that it has met expectations

Also the fact that Nintendo themselves said they expect April-September to only make up ~20% of Labo sales for the year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
VGPolyglot said:
Looks like Prey for PS4 will leg it out to a million.

Its legs have been really good compared to its initial sales. I was pleasantly suprised by this because it seemed like it would be a flop, but now it will even get a DLC.

The game currently costs 18 dollars and has reached the 13 dollars. Normal that has legs.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10