By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: The Last Of Us Part 2 - New Animation Tech

BraLoD said:
The animations look wonky.

In what way? They're the best animations I've ever seen in a game.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Animations look good but I don't want to get hooked by the bait again. I'll put all expectations on hold. As of now it's looking too good to be true. Not even Horizon looks that good. However, I will admit that I was happily astonished by Detroit Become Human.

iron_megalith said:
Animations look good but I don't want to get hooked by the bait again. I'll put all expectations on hold. As of now it's looking too good to be true. Not even Horizon looks that good. However, I will admit that I was happily astonished by Detroit Become Human.

Watch the GDC video. 

The PS5 Exists. 

What I like to see is characters that don't get stuck on terrain or get held back by invisible barriers. Detroit become human looks good, yet navigating the characters around is still very awkward. There don't seem to be many doors in Tlou2 so that's a plus :)

Can't wait. This will be the last great game for PS4

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
GribbleGrunger said:

In what way? They're the best animations I've ever seen in a game.

The fact you didn't get the reference is very concerning.

Educate me!

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
BraLoD said:

The fact you didn't get the reference is very concerning.

Educate me!

Im sure  BraLoD is being sarcastic, but like you, Im missing the reference also. 

BraLoD said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Educate me!

That was an actual comment from an user here when we first saw Uncharted 4 gameplay (or the second time), pretty sure you also laughed on it back in the day too.

Good God, man, I may well have laughed at the time but I tend to reserve my memory for things like the birth of my son.

The PS5 Exists. 

Wrong thead

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
I thought this would be a hot topic.

I was always more of a gameplay guy than a technical aspects guy. ND's certainly up there.

zero129 said:
CGI-Quality said:

I believe it, especially since, with each new release, Naughty Dog ups the animation two fold.

I also believe it. Has the ever been a time when ND has showed such a tech demo only for the final game not to look as good?.