By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Outsold the Original?

A lot of them. Halo 2, Mega Man 2, Uncharted 2, Resident Evil 2, Call of Duty 2, Metal Gear Solid 2, Crash 2, Spyro 2, Tekken 2, Gears 2. The list goes on.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
There a lot of games actually that did that. Games are not like movies in that they don't tend to drop off after the original thing. Usually, a game sequel only does worse if the first game is bad or disappointing.

Xenoblade 2 comes to mind. Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest did as well.

Did you just call Donkey Kong Country 2 disappointing?

Yakuza 2, parasite eve 2, persona 2, suikoden 2, assassins creed 2 yeah thus thread is pretty stupid because there are literally hundreds if not thousand of titles that outsold the original

⚠️ WARNED: Trolling ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 16 June 2018

Aside from what people said, Dead Space 2 comes to my mind.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Aside from what people said, Dead Space 2 comes to my mind.

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Around the Network

Grand Theft Auto 3, Grand Theft Auto 5, Final Fantasy 7.

Going by numbers on this site, Tomb Raider II outsold the original quite handily on both PS1 and PC. Can't see any Saturn figures for the original, but I imagine adding those to the total wouldn't have an impact on which sold more.

Turok 2 is slightly ahead of its predecessor on this site, although there are no PC figures.

For Microsoft's sake, I hope Crackdown 3!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Most direct sequels that come to mind sold better than the original. Monster Hunter 2, Resident Evil 2, Assassins Creed 2, Final Fantasy 2 etc.

Ooops,   wrong thread