By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Devil May Cry 5 Just Announced On The Xbox Stage.

...looks ok I Guess. was expecting to be more excited when i clicked the link

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
DonFerrari said:

Never said sales = quality, but your premise was competition so sales is part of it. You also said Bayo 3 will get competition implying nothing that have already release could compete (and when you said Bayo2 is the best in the last 10 years that very much takes into account several GoW which still have more sales, good critics and reception) also new GoW have a lot of H&S after you clear a certain part of the game. Unless of course you want to keep putting additional points to disregard GoW and any other H&S.

Yes we can expect SH sometime in the future, so it wouldn't be "THE BIGGEST SURPRISE". You certainly love superlatives right? Bayo2 is the best in 10 years, only DMC5 have a chance to compete against Bayo3, Biggest surprise or no surprise at all. Have you ever heard of middle ground and reality?

You, yourself are again are implying things no one else said, as far as "nothing else competes with it". You like to do that a lot I see, and it can be hack and slash at certain parts=/= hack and slash game, essentially that isn't even the point though.

As for "biggest surprise" I did put probably, why are you putting absolutes to it? I'm open to other things being a bigger surprise, please quit putting words in my mouth.

Effectively at this point we aren't even discussing anything with me, you're making up reasons to discuss things with no one.

So "Bayonetta 3 has some competition is probably the most surprising thing that will happen all gen." doesn't imply that the other Hack and Slash games wouldn't be able to compete and now that DMC5 will release finally Bayo3 will get some?

Nope, it isn't "at certain parts", it is a hack and slash after you clear a portion. Still GoW is a Hack and Slash game even if you try to disqualify it.

MS already released more surprising info on 5 new studios and after 8 months of release of X1X openly say they are working on new console (which haven't ever happened to have a company to say so soon after last product).

Your opposite to "probably bigest surprise" was "no surprise at all", aren't those basically extremes that doesn't cover even near what I said with it having had releases in the previous 2 gens (with 2 at last gen) it wasn't the biggest surprise of the gen. I would say Kojima leaving Konami to go Sony, PT announcement (and cancelation), UC4 after saying they were done with UC, HZD from a team that only done FPS, very big change of gameplay for GoW are much bigger surprises than hey 6 main game in a franchise got announced, that is without considering what MS did on its conf this year (plus we having mid gen refreshes which wasn't expected at all).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
bigtakilla said:

You, yourself are again are implying things no one else said, as far as "nothing else competes with it". You like to do that a lot I see, and it can be hack and slash at certain parts=/= hack and slash game, essentially that isn't even the point though.

As for "biggest surprise" I did put probably, why are you putting absolutes to it? I'm open to other things being a bigger surprise, please quit putting words in my mouth.

Effectively at this point we aren't even discussing anything with me, you're making up reasons to discuss things with no one.

So "Bayonetta 3 has some competition is probably the most surprising thing that will happen all gen." doesn't imply that the other Hack and Slash games wouldn't be able to compete and now that DMC5 will release finally Bayo3 will get some?

Nope, it isn't "at certain parts", it is a hack and slash after you clear a portion. Still GoW is a Hack and Slash game even if you try to disqualify it.

MS already released more surprising info on 5 new studios and after 8 months of release of X1X openly say they are working on new console (which haven't ever happened to have a company to say so soon after last product).

Your opposite to "probably bigest surprise" was "no surprise at all", aren't those basically extremes that doesn't cover even near what I said with it having had releases in the previous 2 gens (with 2 at last gen) it wasn't the biggest surprise of the gen. I would say Kojima leaving Konami to go Sony, PT announcement (and cancelation), UC4 after saying they were done with UC, HZD from a team that only done FPS, very big change of gameplay for GoW are much bigger surprises than hey 6 main game in a franchise got announced, that is without considering what MS did on its conf this year (plus we having mid gen refreshes which wasn't expected at all).

What other game is directly competing with Bayonetta 3? 

No, Kojima leaving and all the aftermath was very expected if you kept up with what Konami was doing. 

bigtakilla said:
DonFerrari said:

No, Kojima leaving and all the aftermath was very expected if you kept up with what Konami was doing. 

As best Hack & Slash ever (since Bayo 2 is already best in last 10 years for you and even it isn't competition)? I listed at least GoW (at least all last 10 year releases).

So Kojima leaving was already expected at PT release? At no point his struggles there and Sony opening a studio for him as soon as he left was at least surprising? And you just ignored all other that are potentially more surprising than 6 entry on a franchise, why was that?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
bigtakilla said:

Around the Network
Hiku said:
DonFerrari said:

Hiku, to be genuinely surprised either because it was revealed or revealed this year is one thing. To call it the biggest surprise of the gen is completely another.

MS announcing 5 studios and project scarlet is much bigger surprise.

Yeah, fair enough.

Square Enix, announce Chrono Trigger 2 please.

Agreed it is surprising, the question is how much it effects this Gen.  Dead or Alive 6 is multiplat. It's a wait and see for me

bigtakilla said:
DonFerrari said:

For some reason you decided to give the same reply for the same post, instead of answering the newest one, so read my reply, I won't repost it like 2 posts later.

DonFerrari said:
bigtakilla said:

For some reason you decided to give the same reply for the same post, instead of answering the newest one, so read my reply, I won't repost it like 2 posts later.

Go two posts down.

Last edited by bigtakilla - on 12 June 2018

Hiku said:

Twitter links don't seem to embed anymore, but click the link to see a cool gameplay sequence.

God it looks so good!

DonFerrari said:
bigtakilla said:

As best Hack & Slash ever (since Bayo 2 is already best in last 10 years for you and even it isn't competition)? I listed at least GoW (at least all last 10 year releases).

So Kojima leaving was already expected at PT release? At no point his struggles there and Sony opening a studio for him as soon as he left was at least surprising? And you just ignored all other that are potentially more surprising than 6 entry on a franchise, why was that?

Nowhere did I say it was competition for the best hack and slash ever, and I didn't say Bayo 2 was the best in the past 10 years, no competition. I only stated Bayo 2 was the best in years, your coming up with 10 years. If you have no desire to actually discuss this based on the points I make instead of whatever you decide to make up, please stop wasting my time. What I did say was Bayonetta 3 has some competition, as in there is another hack and slash game that will release in roughly the same time frame, not knowing what the meta score, or sales, or anything is and you get to see which one comes out on top. Their fairly even in competition as well. It's hard to say it's really competing with a game that came out 10 years ago, you know the sales, you know the scores. At that point it really is more a game trying to dethrone a game than compete with it. 

Was Kojima expected to leave at PT (the tech demo, you know Silent Hills wasn't named PT)? No. Was Kojima expected to leave MONTHS before he was fired? Yes. Did Del Toro, and Norman Reedus give away many times that Silent Hills was cancelled? Yes. Did we know Sony was opening a studio for Hideo Kojima before it was announced? Yes. Were we told PT was being taken off the PS store prior to it being taken down? Yes.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/92519/report-creator-hideo-kojima-parts-ways-with-konami-in-talks-with-sony

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-04-27/norman-reedus-comments-on-silent-hills-reported-cancellation/.87559

As for proof if we knew Kojima was going to get fired, Jesus, it's everywhere. If you want I'll find some and post.

*edit* I'll give you the link, screw it, I had the time.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-26/konami-kojima-productions-name-was-changed-in-restructuring/.86401

Last edited by bigtakilla - on 12 June 2018