By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Crackdown 3 will launch in February 2019

BraLoD said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
So all that negative talk and it seems they’re just pushing it to February to avoid the monstrosity third party games coming this year, probablynsame thing Sony is doing to Days Gone.

Sony is having their biggest games come early in the year, they are further spreading sales, not avoing monstrous ganes, and its working wonders, PS4 software sales is off the charts.

2014 - Infamous: Second Son (March 21th) Sucker Punch

2015 - Bloodborne (March 24th) From Software/Japan Studios

2016 - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (May 10th) Naughty Dog

2017 - Horizon: Zero Dawn (February 28th) Guerrila Giames

2018 - God of War (April 20th) Santa Monica

2019 - Days Gone (February 22th) Bend Studio

That's a pattern the whole gen for Sony.

Oh man, I see the same pattern emerging for MS from New Year through March.

2014 - Kinect Sports Rivals

2015 - Ori, Screamride, State of Decay

2016 - Cobalt, KI Season 3, Quantum Break

2017 - Voodoo Vince, Halo Wars 2

2018 - Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2

2019 - Crackdown 3

I guess they both like to spread titles out. Ill continue to think they release these games early the following year mostly to avoid the fall onslaught of games though, you feel free to disagree. 

PS4 software sales would be great regardless, it’s the best selling console. But it makes sense for Sony to wait on most of those games, same as Microsoft.

Around the Network

A delay is not unusual and it is preferable to ensure the game gets the development time required. However, I think MS should amass the type of first-party support where the delay of one game would be more easily mitigated by other titles coming out.

With a couple of exceptions, those aren’t the biggest PS4 games of their respective years. Horizon is bigger than GT? Bloodborne? Infamous? It would be pretty disappointing going by previews if Days Gone was the “big gun” for 2019. This is getting off the topic of CD3 though so that’s all from me :) Agree to disagree.