By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4/PSVR: Tetris Effect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr8fVT_Ds4Q

From deep beneath the ocean to the furthest reaches of outer space and everywhere between, TETRIS EFFECT’s 30-plus stages take players on a wondrous, emotional journey through the universe. 
The core of the game is still Tetris—one of the most popular puzzle games of all time—but like you’ve never seen it, or heard it, or felt it before. 
Whether in full HD on a standard display and PS4, or in razor-sharp 4K resolution with a PS4 Pro, or in fully-immersive 3D via the optional PS VR support, TETRIS EFFECT’s gorgeous imagery, evocative sounds, and super-addictive gameplay add up to an unforgettable experience...and that’s literally unforgettable, as the game’s name implies. 

Game Features: 
- Includes the all-new “Zone” mechanic, where players can stop time (and Tetriminos falling) by entering “the Zone” and either get out of a sticky situation that could otherwise lead to “Game Over,” or rack up extra line clears for bonus rewards. 
- Over 30 different stages, each with its own music, sound effects, graphical style and background that all evolve and change as you play through them.
- Fully playable on either a standard display (up to 4K and 60fps on a PS4 Pro), or optionally in mind-blowing 3D on PS VR. - Fan-favorite modes like Marathon, Sprint, and Ultra, with more all-new modes and other features to be revealed before launch. 
- A player grading and leveling system as well as variable difficulty to encourage and reward replayability. 
A challenge for the mind and a feast for all the senses, TETRIS EFFECT is the perfect excuse to play Tetris again... and again...and again, and again, and again and again and again and again and again and again and..."

Last edited by GribbleGrunger - on 06 June 2018

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Like i said in the other thread while not mandatory this game seems like it needs to be played in VR.

melbye said:
Like i said in the other thread while not mandatory this game seems like it needs to be played in VR.

What other thread?

The PS5 Exists. 

The thread specifically about the 5 day countdown to E3

melbye said:
The thread specifically about the 5 day countdown to E3

Oh, right. I thought you meant there was another thread dedicated to this game. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
melbye said:

That's the case when a game is playable in both Retro Format and VR. Besides the lack of content in some situations, I have yet to play a game that offers both, that was not significantly better in the VR mode. Going from TV/Monitor + Gamepad/M&K to VR Headset + Motion Controller is the most significant Improvement/Advancment I have expereinced in gaming. 

I know a lot of people are bashing this in youtube comments and PS Blog, but I personally am very excited for the first VR Tetris game. Look forward to seeing more, and finding out what additions VR will bring to the experience. Hopefully there will be an option to use PS Move for more active gamers.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL