By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FuRyu announces Work x Work - Composed of staff from Mother 3 and Caligula Effect - Dungeon theme park simulation

FuRyu announces retro-style RPG Work x Work for Switch [Update]
posted on 06.05.18 at 11:25 PM EDT by Sal Romano (@salromano)
Scenario led by Mother 3 director.

image: https://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Work-x-Work-Switch-Init_06-05-18.jpg

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals Work x Work, a new RPG with retro-style graphics from FuRyu for Switch. It will launch on September 27 in Japan for 4,980 yen.

teaser website for Work x Work was first launched late last week. The website has currently revealed the game’s mascot character (above), as well as battle background music.

The game’s staff consists of:

• Director: Suzuka Yamamoto (FuRyu) – Known for The Caligula Effect
  • Producer: Takuya Yamanaka (FuRyu) – Known for The Caligula Effect
  • Development Director: Takahiro Yamane – Known for Kamaitachi no Yoru 2 (director)
  • Scenario: Nobuyuki Inoue – Known for Mother 3 (director), Magical VacationHanjuku Hero: Aa, Sekaiyo Hanjukunare…!
  • Graphics: Nobuhiro Imagawa – Known for Mother 3Fantasy LifeKnights & DragonsDokodemo Dragon
  • Sound: Tsukasa Masuko – Known for Star ForceShin Megami Tensei series, Bomb JackMagical VacationThe Caligula Effect

Thanks, Ryokutya2089.

Update 06/06/18 at 1:05 a.m.: Work x Work follows a prince with a mission to defeat the demon king and a hard-working young man working a part-time job who take on various dungeons with the unique visitors of the theme park “Heroes Land.”

The role of the player is to become the protagonist’s dog and guide the visitors of the theme park through its dungeons. Visitors, which consist of families, girls, and the like, will become your party members. Determine the timing of incoming enemy attacks and the points used for recovery medicine, and guide them to clear the dungeon.

By guiding visitors through the dungeon, you will receive “crowds” as salary, which can be used to buy weapons and items useful for work, as well as furniture to customize your room.

Development is being handled by Netchubiyori, whose previous works include Tsukitomo. Tsukiuta. 12 Memories for PS Vita and more. It is currently 75 percent complete.

Here are a few tidbits from Famitsu’s interview with the developers:

• “It was originally being made for smartphones, but it moved to Switch and the scale of the game grew much bigger.”
  • “With the excitement surrounding Switch and the cute atmosphere fitting of handheld mode, we decided on the Switch.”
  • “I think this is the first time in this industry there is an okra-themed monster.”
  • “The basis of the scenario is a game where you entertain various customers through dungeons.”

Thanks, Hachima Kikou and Ryokutya2089.

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/06/furyu-announces-retro-style-rpg-work-x-work-for-switch#vbV7K7CFZwO8XGtH.99

Around the Network

This sounds soooo awesome! Very excited to get the first trailer

Oh man I really hope this´ll come to the west.

Huh, I mainly know FuRyu for their anime figures/statues so I was somewhat surprised that the teaser picture wasn't some scantily clad well-endowed anime girl.

CaptainExplosion said:
Mcube said:
Oh man I really hope this´ll come to the west.

If they're smart it will, because there's likely to be an assload of demand for it.

Depends thats what people said about Earthbound on the wii U (We don´t know the specifics ofcourse cause Nintendo didnt release them) But I dont think it sold that well. Nintendo surely never said anything about it doing well althought I guess them releasing Earthbound beginnings aswell after that is a sign it did okay. Even something like Undertale only gained traction once big youtubers started covering it.