By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Burned out. Zombified browsing/procrastination and how to solve it?

Welcome to my entirety of 2017. Not a single game I was DYING to play. One of the worst years in gaming for me.

Around the Network

What kind of temps are we talking about to not let you sleep? And can't you do something about it, like getting an AC unit (even a portable one)?

As for being burned by games, it happens to most, if not all, of us every now and then. What I use to do is try to find a game I could like from a genre I don't use to play. I usually end up either liking the game and wanting to try more game like that, or hating it and appreciating a lot more the other games I use to play, giving me a reason to play them again.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I do the exact same thing, instead of actually doing something, watching a movie, playing a game, working, I'll just browse and YouTube and do pretty much nothing. To the extent that I'll start a game for 20 mins then tire of it and never be able to get into it, and just go back to browsing.

Only when I get an incredible game (mario odyssey, persona 5, Mass Effect) can I just sit down and play it. Whereas before I could play any old trash.

"What do you guys do to avoid or fix this?"

Breaks (tv, books, ect)... do other things (go outsides), or differnt types of games than you normally play.

Sorry, I've been in this state for some time now too. Nothing will fix it. You'll just have to wait it out. That's how it passed for me before, and that's how it will pass for me this time again. Trying hard will just be swimming against strong currents. :P

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Around the Network

Feeling the same way. I was spoiled by VR, so now I have a hard time going back to flat screen games. I have XBO, Switch, and PS4/PSVR, but I just keep on watching Videos and playing old games on the Vita. Every now and then I think man I got to use this time to play some PS4 games, since I can play the Vita any time, but I go to my library, and I just can't get excited for anything. I hop into MLB Homerun Derby VR, and Knockout League for a half hour to an hour, and then it is right back to TV and Vita.

The one thing I want to play right now is the Master Chief Collection, but I am waiting for the XOX patch. Hoping that is released next week for E3, then I will have something to tide me over a few weeks. Other than that I just want Spider-Man. I need release dates for Blood and Truth, Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Vacation Simulation, Firewall Zero Hour, Envasion, and Dreams. There is plenty upcoming that I want, I just don't know when they are coming.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Oh i get that as well.

Currently i've been almost a week trying to decide what to play next. I have reduced my backlog and i have hardly bought anything this year. All the games i have are games i want to play at some point, but the commitment to finish the game always feels heavy. Do i play Fallout 4 and commit a hundread hours? Do i play tomb raider 2 and commit 20-30 hours?
It's pretty weird to decide what to play, and i do think having too much choice is a problem. But i've reduced my backlog from what was probably 30 games to 15 or so games. The problem is they are all massive and such an investment that i just end up delaying the decision and browse or watch something on netflix.

Games are a big commitment these days, if you care about finishing them. But, when i start playing them, i start enjoying them a lot. It's just that decision to start that is the problem. You know you will be playing it for a long time.

Anyways yeah, my sugestion is to just start playing something and get going rather than overthink it. With that said, i know it can be difficult at times.

Sounds like the heat is getting to you, not much you can do with that other than drink lots of water.
As for backlogs i've managed to make a rule for myself that i will have no more than two unplayed games at a time and so far it has worked out really well. No debates on what i should play next, no ending up playing nothing cause i couldn't decide. It is actually kinda great

You need validation, something that makes you feel good as you do something admirable. Sorry to say, I'm not sure what that is or what that takes. But I would like to ask a huge favor from you and I would be eternally grateful for even remotely attempting. It's a bit corny so I'll explain where I'm coming from first. I've been playing Trials games by the maker RedLynx / Ubisoft for a long time now. From HD, Evolution and Fusion. I made custom tracks in all them. Nothing makes me happier than seeing others having played something I created. With the game Trials Fusion being free this month with PS Plus. I would love for you to play any one of my custom creations. I only make Easy to Medium difficulty tracks, so nothing is going to make you rage or seem impossible. Very much appreciate it and would also like to extend a friend request to you if you would like, as well as anyone here reading this now. (PSN name- RidingMower)

Tracks in Trials Fusion-
(w/DLC)
mechanic on duty
BCC5: Eco input
Trail Our Park

(Without DLC)
SPEEDRUNNING easy
Backwards People
TKO dive-in

This has been me for a few years now. The last time I got heavily invested in a game was back in 2015 with bloodborne and ffx hd.

I thought for sure games like crash bandicoot trilogy, gran truisms sport, the evil within 2 and others would get me back but nope. I played a few levels of crash and never went back.