By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bethesda Showcase @ E3 2018 Thread (Show over) Fallout 76 coming November 14th, Starfield and TES 6 announced, Wolfenstein: Youngblood coming 2019, and more.

shikamaru317 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
After the turd that was fallout 4 i have zero hype for this, bring us another elders scrolls.

I will never understand why some people thought Fallout 4 was bad. To me at least, it felt alot like Fallout 3, except with improved character creation, the addition of dialogue options, improved shooting mechanics, the addition of optional base building, and the addition of radiant quests. Out of those, the only one that was a negative were the radiant quests, repeatable quests get boring after awhile. 

I enjoyed the game buts it's a game that the more I look back on I feel more disappointed by as time passes. My main reason is most of the map specifically thet top half is fill in by settlements, so it  made discovering locations on the map feel useless a lot of the time, to be fair I enjoyed building 2 towns but after that I never wanted to do it again. A lot of the quests I feel weren't as fun as in new Vegas or in 3. A lot of the locations were also just buildings that were filled with enemies that respawn so I don't know it just felt useless to go and try to clear out locations if they were just going to respawn after a day. Leveling up and perks didn't feel as good either, normally I play these games stealthy but do to the huge hoards of enemies they would bring at you stealth never felt like it was as good an option to use. Radioactivity also only effected your maximum health rather than doing other stuff to you as well like in the previous games. The dlc also felt very lack luster with most of it just being about more settlement building. And lastly I really didn't care for most of the party members aside from Currie, hancock, and Nick. Again I enjoyed the game and could still play it but a lot of things just disappointed me. It's probably the only game I bought this gen that made me feel like this, since I've pretty much enjoyed every game I purchased with out any problems. (though for some reason I didn't enjoy Dishonored 2 and much as I did the first for some unknown reason) 

Though I might be one of the few people out there that actually enjoyed the main story and main quest missions including the ones where you have to join a specific faction. I thought it was really good, even if people complain it's just a rehash of fallout 3's story on some aspects. 

Last edited by RespectDecena - on 03 June 2018

Around the Network

Hopefully Fallout is single player and offline. I also hope it doesn't have settlement building crap, like Fallout 4. I'd also love to see a Fallout 3 / New Vegas remaster. As for Rage 2, i can't care less.

RespectDecena said:
shikamaru317 said:

I will never understand why some people thought Fallout 4 was bad. To me at least, it felt alot like Fallout 3, except with improved character creation, the addition of dialogue options, improved shooting mechanics, the addition of optional base building, and the addition of radiant quests. Out of those, the only one that was a negative were the radiant quests, repeatable quests get boring after awhile. 

I enjoyed the game buts it's a game that the more I look back on I feel more disappointed by as time passes. My main reason is most of the map specifically thet top half is fill in by settlements, so it  made discovering locations on the map feel useless a lot of the time, to be fair I enjoyed building 2 towns but after that I never wanted to do it again. A lot of the quests I feel weren't as fun as in new Vegas or in 3. A lot of the locations were also just buildings that were filled with enemies that respawn so I don't know it just felt useless to go and try to clear out locations if they were just going to respawn after a day. Leveling up and perks didn't feel as good either, normally I play these games stealthy but do to the huge hoards of enemies they would bring at you stealth never felt like it was as good an option to use. Radioactivity also only effected your maximum health rather than doing other stuff to you as well like in the previous games. The dlc also felt very lack luster with most of it just being about more settlement building. And lastly I really didn't care for most of the party members aside from Currie, hancock, and Nick. Again I enjoyed the game and could still play it but a lot of things just disappointed me. It's probably the only game I bought this gen that made me feel like this, since I've pretty much enjoyed every game I purchased with out any problems. (though for some reason I didn't enjoy Dishonored 2 and much as I did the first for some unknown reason) 

Though I might be one of the few people out there that actually enjoyed the main story and main quest missions including the ones where you have to join a specific faction. I thought it was really good, even if people complain it's just a rehash of fallout 3's story on some aspects. 

The game isn't filled in by settlements.  Even without settlements, the game had far more locations and content than the previous two games.  It's not even close.  With New Vegas, you could see everything the game had to offer by level 50.  With Fallout 4, you probably couldn't see everything by level 100.

Stealth in Fallout 4 is so good and so effective that a lot of people complain about it or only take lower ranks.  I use a mod that makes it less overpowered.  Stealth is every bit as viable as it was in previous games.

Liking companions or not if a personal thing but I thought it was just as good as New Vegas.  Curie, Nick, Deacon, and Hancock were all good and Ada was awesome.  Veronica from New Vegas would be the only one I liked more.  In Fallout 3, I spent most of my time with new companions added by mods.

Fallout 4 had three very good story DLC and two DLC related to settlements.  I don't see much room to complain.  

Really, I don't understand complaining about settlements in general.  It makes no sense to me.  You only have to build up one settlement, two if you do the Minutemen quest all the way through, and you can do that as barebones as you like.  After that, you can just ignore it.  Meanwhile, many other people absolutely love building settlements.  

pokoko said:
RespectDecena said:

The game isn't filled in by settlements.  Even without settlements, the game had far more locations and content than the previous two games.  It's not even close.  With New Vegas, you could see everything the game had to offer by level 50.  With Fallout 4, you probably couldn't see everything by level 100.

Stealth in Fallout 4 is so good and so effective that a lot of people complain about it or only take lower ranks.  I use a mod that makes it less overpowered.  Stealth is every bit as viable as it was in previous games.

Liking companions or not if a personal thing but I thought it was just as good as New Vegas.  Curie, Nick, Deacon, and Hancock were all good and Ada was awesome.  Veronica from New Vegas would be the only one I liked more.  In Fallout 3, I spent most of my time with new companions added by mods.

Fallout 4 had three very good story DLC and two DLC related to settlements.  I don't see much room to complain.  

Really, I don't understand complaining about settlements in general.  It makes no sense to me.  You only have to build up one settlement, two if you do the Minutemen quest all the way through, and you can do that as barebones as you like.  After that, you can just ignore it.  Meanwhile, many other people absolutely love building settlements.  

More power to you for enjoying the game so much. My ex really loved the game more than me but she agrees with a lot of the things I said it just didn't ruin her enjoyment of the game like I said for me. But anyway that's just how I felt about the game. I almost have the Platinum (just missing the bobble head trophy) and have over 100 hours put into the game and 3 datas so I should know well enough that I just didn't enjoy the game as much as I wanted too. So I dont really need to debate about each of the specific things we dissagree on. But like I said it's not bad but the specific things I mentioned we're the things that just didn't feel right for me. And with the dlc I couldn't even finish nuka world because I got way too bored by it while far harbor I finished but I had to force my self to play it. I just didn't jive with the game much even though I really tried to and played a lot of it to know that's just how I feel about it. While I recently replayed 3 and new Vegas and still enjoyed them more than 4. 

Last edited by RespectDecena - on 03 June 2018

Someone posted this on reddit a couple days back. Could it be real? 

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

edit: double post

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I really want to see Starfield, and the new engine. I'm on the edge with F76 because of the whole multiplayer survival base building rumors. Those games tend to suck.
With Rage 2 coming, I think it is safe to say a new Doom won't be coming until next year.

Wolfenstein should be getting a new side game announced like Bad Blood, but that is an entire guess by me. Just going by the fact that Bad Blood came out right after The New Order, and same with Dishonored 2.

More games for the Nintendo Switch like Prey or Dishonored 2. Bethesda seems to like the Switch.

Just a bit more than two and a half hours remaining.

Bet with Intrinsic:

Time for this thread to get sticked!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

shikamaru317 said:

In other news, Bethesda's Pete Hines confirmed recently that there is more than 1 surprise for E3 that hasn't been announced yet.

Im guessing one of those is Doom 2.

Honestly, I feel like we are going to see ALOT of love for the Switch at Bethesda conference.first of all, I truly believe Doom 2 will be announced for the Switch as well.Then, I am 90% certain that, if Prey ever gets a mention on the conference, it will be because it will at least get a Switch port.And finally I think we will get some Fallout love for the Switch as per rumors, be it Fallout 3 or 4.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1