By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Comparison of sales of multiplat releases (PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Switch)

zorg1000 said:
LivingMetal said:

I'm playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 2 the second time around on the PSTV.  So where does that put me...?

Nintendo-kids

PS4-teens

PSTV-that wierd kid who sits in the corner and picks dead skin off his head in class

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
As a PSTV/Vita TV owner (basically my only console from the past decade) that describes me to a T. Why is there so much dead skin?

I hear coconut oil can fix that lol

Is that really your only console of the last decade?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

LivingMetal said:
zorg1000 said:

Nintendo-kids

PS4-teens

PSTV-that wierd kid who sits in the corner and picks dead skin off his head in class

Looks like someone dumped a bowl of Corn Flakes on his head.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Yeah, My console history has been NES, Gameboy, Virtual Boy, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy Color, N64, Playstation, PSTV. I also bought my parents a Wii (the model without internet) since they enjoyed Tennis and Bowling and such.

Basically after Playstation I became a PC only gamer but there are a lot of Japanese PC games whose sequels were only released on Vita (like Utawarerumono) and PSTV is the cheapest way to play Vita games. Of course, I only paid I think $50 for it. There are are a lot of systems I'd buy if they were only $50 lol.

This is a great thread.  Thanks Mnementh!

Overall it looks like multiplat performances are PS4 >> Switch > XB1.  When you consider PS4 has the highest install base, it isn't really surprising that the PS4 versions have the best sales performance.  However Switch has a smaller install base than XB1, so it is impressive that it seems to be doing better overall.  Although when you break it down it looks like Western games do better on XB1 and Japanese games do better on Switch.

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
Yeah, My console history has been NES, Gameboy, Virtual Boy, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy Color, N64, Playstation, PSTV. I also bought my parents a Wii (the model without internet) since they enjoyed Tennis and Bowling and such.

Basically after Playstation I became a PC only gamer but there are a lot of Japanese PC games whose sequels were only released on Vita (like Utawarerumono) and PSTV is the cheapest way to play Vita games. Of course, I only paid I think $50 for it. There are are a lot of systems I'd buy if they were only $50 lol.

I completely forgot about PC lol that makes alot more sense now