** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by TalonMan **

Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%

Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%

Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019
Azhraell said:
KingCherry said:
A lot of English haters on this forum like elsewhere, not sure why you'd go for Croatia over England.

Now you know why

Croatia are the better team at the moment, ignore rankings, in this case they have more experience, more world class players. I put Croatia to win this game in this prediction league but wanted England to win because they are England.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Imaginedvl said:

Hum, looked at your profile. Belgium, explains Sorry for the lose!

But let's be real, France is killing it.
I would love a France / England finale and see France winning its second world cup there!

But looking at the second half of the game, Croatia is definitely deserving the win, so it will probably end up being Croatia in final to win the silver!

I wasn't surprised when they folded on a wall of real resistence. They have been doing that since 2014. I had some hope they could pull through. It is what it is.

France did win because they were better on a functional level. I'm not a huge soccer fan but i need some spectable, and not fortress warfare between similar teams.

O_o, i don't think it's coming home now...

I would give Croatia the Cup .

You listening too much to Belgium medias about this non-sense wall

France even played better offensive football actually, they have more than the double of shots on target/and blocked than Belgium... You cannot blame them for also preventing the other team to shot on their goal keeper too! Belgium just did not have the offensive to go through.

France is actually one of the most offensive team in this World Cup right now and, arguably, the best game of the World Cup was versus Argentina where both team showed how strong they are in offense. 

Croatia will have a lot of fun on Sunday. So far they won almost all of their game on the penalty shots or in extended times. That's will probably not do it this time versus a team that is has good as defending than attacking. I would give France the cup!

Apart from the fact I hate England I actually really like Croatia and tipped them as my dark horses so happy to see this result. Great day. Footballs not coming home xD

I’m so happy for Croatia, it’s their first final so far. If I had to be fair, I’d say France deserves more for having played better than Croatia during the World Cup, not to mention only facing hard opponents on the second stage (Argentina, Uruguay and Belgium) while Croatia faced 3 easy teams (Denmark, Russia and England).

But, regardless of what’s fair, my heart will be with Croatia. I predicted them to make it to the finals, but I’d love even more if it was Brazil instead of France. xD

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Kerotan said:
Apart from the fact I hate England I actually really like Croatia and tipped them as my dark horses so happy to see this result. Great day. Footballs not coming home xD

Croatia were lucky in my eyes, scraped through against Russia and Denmark, were let off the hook by a toothless England. Also, the ref was very lenient tonight, biased almost. Again, hate England all you like, but I find it hard to support a Swastika waving racist bunch like Croatia. France, beautiful.

~User warned by the-pi-guy

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 11 July 2018

Around the Network
Azhraell said:
KingCherry said:
A lot of English haters on this forum like elsewhere, not sure why you'd go for Croatia over England.

Now you know why

Oh, no, I don't know why? Please explain? Looking forward to the matches this weekend, I think Belgium v England could be a good game. The final will be an easy France 3 - 0 Croatia affair.

KingCherry said:
Kerotan said:

Croatia were lucky in my eyes, scraped through against Russia and Denmark, were let off the hook by a toothless England. Also, the ref was very lenient tonight, biased almost. Again, hate England all you like, but I find it hard to support a Swastika waving racist bunch like Croatia. France, beautiful.

Salty, much?

Not hard to see why people weren't supporting England.

England's main issue this whole knockout stage has been scoring goals from open play.

KingCherry said:
Kerotan said:

Well it's hard to support England after what you did to Ireland for 800 years and even today you still rule over about 20% of our island. So say what you like about Croatia but they couldn't possibly be as bad as England in a historical sense.

Anyway up the the Croatians. All of ireland were behind them today. Huge night of celebration for us. 

HomokHarcos said:
England's main issue this whole knockout stage has been scoring goals from open play.

Not really the problem is what I mention earlier during the QF's it's a playmaking issue, the players have the ability but the decision making and vision needs work an example is Sterling the were a number of cases in the tournament where he got into a good situation but goes on to try and shoot or run through a crowd of players instead of passing to someone near by who is unmarked. A number of players were doing it and this forced Kane to go deeper in the pitch to restore some composure but as a result our main finisher is not up field, the were many cases today were the final ball is coming from Kane to someone like Alli when it should be the other way around.

The amount of chances that could have been created from better decision making alone would have solved the open play scoring issue but that can only come with experience.