By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Jurassic Park Unity demo

Unity5games has released a demo of a scene they created from Jurassic Park with the Unity engine:

Players can enter and exit the car, choosing to walk around the area while the T-Rex breaks out and walks around the area itself. 

You can find the demo here: https://unity5games.itch.io/t-rex-breakout-free-dinosaur-game

I think it's pretty damn good looking for Unity, though it has obvious performance sisues, even for a demo. 

It'd be nice to see a new Jurassic park FPS or third person game (non VR based).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

This guys need to do an actual game, just to show what the engine is capable of. Just like when EPIC did Unreal Tournament or Gears.

Heavenly_King said:
This guys need to do an actual game, just to show what the engine is capable of. Just like when EPIC did Unreal Tournament or Gears.

He should, but we know how it would go with movie licenses. He'd likely have to ask permission from Universal Pictures if they are allowed to user their IP for a game. That and they'd need a 3rd party publisher as well as some backing and a bigger team.

Still, this is just a demo and it managed to scare me pretty good. The car's interior was rather shoddy, but the rain, sound and dinosaur skin looked the part.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
Heavenly_King said:

He should, but we know how it would go with movie licenses. He'd likely have to ask permission from Universal Pictures if they are allowed to user their IP for a game. That and they'd need a 3rd party publisher as well as some backing and a bigger team.

Still, this is just a demo and it managed to scare me pretty good. The car's interior was rather shoddy, but the rain, sound and dinosaur skin looked the part.

I am not talking about Jurasic Park, I am talking about in general about all the demos the Unity Engine has.   They even have Animation short series in youtube like ADAM, among others.  

They have to do an actual game.

Heavenly_King said:

I am not talking about Jurasic Park, I am talking about in general about all the demos the Unity Engine has.   They even have Animation short series in youtube like ADAM, among others.  

Well you did say "this guys", meaning these guys. They could very well make a game, and gathering from the Demo, they seem quite interested in a JP game. 

They don't have to force their hand to make a game though, as that's up to them. 

Besides, there are people out there making games that use the Unity engine anyway. 

Around the Network

Hey, I heard it's so good!

Zkuq said:
Hey, I heard it's so good!

Hey, it got me pretty ruffled.

I got out of the car, the Rex was coming my way, so I got back in and eventually become canned tuna.

9/10, immersive and scary af. 

Chazore said:
Heavenly_King said:

Well you did say "this guys", meaning these guys. They could very well make a game, and gathering from the Demo, they seem quite interested in a JP game. 

They don't have to force their hand to make a game though, as that's up to them. 

Besides, there are people out there making games that use the Unity engine anyway. 

yes, but none look as impressive as ADAM series.   The makers of the engine should show what their engine is capable of doing when you use it "adequately", in an actual game.

Everyone can make tech demos, but to actually having an impressive looking game is a very different thing.

Heavenly_King said:

yes, but none look as impressive as ADAM series.   The makers of the engine should show what their engine is capable of doing when you use it "adequately", in an actual game.

Everyone can make tech demos, but to actually having an impressive looking game is a very different thing.

because the Adam series has been designed to work as a short story, and not an actual video game.

To use it as well as they do, you'd have to be on their level of knowledge and have a lot of money, not to mention an idea for what could be a good looking and good playing game. 

It still hasn't stopped me from appreciating what these guys have done with just a demo though. 

CaptainExplosion said:
I'd rather he didn't talk over the gameplay footage though.

Well there are other youtube vids out there showing off the demo. Either that or you could download and try it out for yourself.