By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Switch Dominate The Holiday Season?

Will the Switch Dominate The Holiday Season?

Yes 69 50.74%

No, Sony will 42 30.88%

No, Microsoft will 5 3.68%

Not sure 20 14.71%

Total:136

The console which going to have good first party AAA games,all the third party games,all indie games and all the Japanese games going to dominate this holiday and this year.

Around the Network
BlackBeauty said:
Let’s Go will outsell everything this year.

In fact, I’m scared that it might sell so much that will affect future main Pokémon titles.

That's a given already. Pokemon GO was too popular to ignore. Nintendo will try to drag those customers into the main titles. Pokemon Go was more of less designed to do so.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Ljink96 said:
It literally falls down to how many Pokemon Go players will bite on the Lets Go games. Smash is great...but it's not winning any holidays. PS4 is gonna have the usual suspects and with that install base, it's gonna be tough to beat.

Smash is bigger than 3D Mario, I'm not sure why you think it can't carry a holiday.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

Smash is bigger than 3D Mario

Usually, but then Odyssey isn't selling like a 3d mario game.

Barkley said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Smash is bigger than 3D Mario

And what happens when Smash doesn't sell like a typical smash game? 

Around the Network
MasonADC said:
Barkley said:

I believe the word you're looking for is "If".

Barkley said:
MasonADC said:

I believe the word you're looking for is "If".

Just assuming the Switch effect will impact smash aswell. 

I'm not sure. I think many people are underestimating the combined effect of spiderman, kh3 and rdr2. It all depends on how aggressive Sony will be during this holiday season. Switch and PS4 will probably be close, but a good price cut for the ps4 slim may do wonders. Also, I'm still not convinced that pokemon let's go will appeal to many of those who downloaded the (free) game on their smartphones. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Still, neither Sony nor Nintendo will dominate the holiday season. They'll both do great.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
BlackBeauty said:
Let’s Go will outsell everything this year.

In fact, I’m scared that it might sell so much that will affect future main Pokémon titles.

That's a given already. Pokemon GO was too popular to ignore. Nintendo will try to drag those customers into the main titles. Pokemon Go was more of less designed to do so.

They said the 2019 games will be more “traditional” no GO intergration, but I can totally see that changing if Let’s Go ends up outselling previous main core games.

i expect sony to announce a price cut, and possibly a PS4slim

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 01 June 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5