By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I had no idea PS4 was hacked

OdinHades said:
Some members of the scene already have entry points to the latest firmware. They won't release it though, so Sony can't fix the shit. But yeah, PS4 is hacked wide open. Backed up games work without a problem, there's basically nothing you can't do. Not too many apps available right now, though. The scene is still pretty young. But in 1-2 years the PS4 should be a decent homebrew machine.

I'll take your word for it, I really had no idea it was hacked till yesterday when friend of mine told and shown me there's a certain, very acclaimed and new Sony's game (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) out in the wild on torrents.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
vivster said:
I'm suprised Sony isn't already in the red numbers because of this.

An exploit for a console doesn't have a huge marketing budget. It usually stays in the cold and desolate corners of the internet. Also, I suspect most people can't be arsed to go through the trouble.

Two things:

1-Console exploits don't need marketing. First the internet and then the mouth to mouth are enough to spread the news about it.

2-It's probable that he's talking about the reaction on this (and other) forums after it was found a way to hack the Switch and many were very quick to doom the console and Nintendo because of it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
KLAMarine said:

An exploit for a console doesn't have a huge marketing budget. It usually stays in the cold and desolate corners of the internet. Also, I suspect most people can't be arsed to go through the trouble.

Two things:

1-Console exploits don't need marketing. First the internet and then the mouth to mouth are enough to spread the news about it.

2-It's probable that he's talking about the reaction on this (and other) forums after it was found a way to hack the Switch and many were very quick to doom the console and Nintendo because of it.

1-Imagine how much more prevalent it would be if it had a marketing budget and how damaging that would be after?

2-I see. A point I've made in the past is that PC is the most exploitable platform and yet Steam manages to make big money.

When you don't do pirate you won't hear about it often =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
When you don't do pirate you won't hear about it often =p

Yeah, unless big gaming media outlets report on it - like with Switch. That's why I was surprised by no mention (at least to my knowledge) of PS4 hack.

Around the Network
vivster said:
I'm suprised Sony isn't already in the red numbers because of this.

Contrary to popular belief piracy doesn't realy affect much the sales of anything, most ppl who pirate something are ppl who wouldn't spend their money on the product anyway, and are only buying it cause its cheap.

i assumed it was a common knowledge, PS4 has also been hard modded like chip level stuff.. I forgot the name whats its called but i have seen it working at my local game shops

KLAMarine said:
JEMC said:

Two things:

1-Imagine how much more prevalent it would be if it had a marketing budget and how damaging that would be after?

2-I see. A point I've made in the past is that PC is the most exploitable platform and yet Steam manages to make big money.

They don't need advertising. In the PS2 days, there was zero marketing and modded consoles were extremely popular. Besides, advertising such things can only bring problems, so it's not really a thing you want publicly advertize it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

By the time hackers online become a problem ps5 should be out.