By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fortnite on track to make $3.5BN annually.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/25/fortnite-video-games-esports.html

They are basing this off it's monthly earnings from April but personally I can see it's monthly earnings increasing further. The holidays should be insane and maybe even a knew map announced at e3. 

It won't be easy but this game has the potential to make 5BN in a 12 month period. It may be free but don't let that give you the illusion this game isn't making bank. And with the likes of Sony taking 30% cuts in digital revenue the platform owners are also making a pretty penny off of this. 

Around the Network

That's pretty good. I wonder if the creators of PUBG are still trying to sue them or giving them grief over the battle royale thing.

That blue hole is becoming inflamed.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Lol you guys are savage

My kids play it, personally, I can't see what the fuss is all about, I've played 3-4 games and found it extremely boring and repetitive...but, then again, observing my kids and their friends, I'm definitely not the target audience.

Around the Network

All of that only in microtransactions? Wow...

Fornite is a beast.

HoloDust said:
My kids play it, personally, I can't see what the fuss is all about, I've played 3-4 games and found it extremely boring and repetitive...but, then again, observing my kids and their friends, I'm definitely not the target audience.

The target audience is actually all age groups. Millions of adults play this. 

I have trouble believing those numbers. I can't see this making so much more than GTA5 online.

bananaking21 said:
I have trouble believing those numbers. I can't see this making so much more than GTA5 online.

Well it are financial numbers and again that you don't need singleplayer.