By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: REmake 2 will use RE engine in 1080p/native 4K, may combine OTS and fixed camera, E3 2018 reveal possible

Heavenly_King said:
I really hope the camera is like RE4. PLEASE!!! NO FIXED CAMERA!!

Yea those people at resetera crying for fixed camera are annoying, makes the shooting pointless with no skill required. i much rather have resident evil 2 remade and feeling like a new game that plays like resident evil 4.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
VGPolyglot said:

"real" game, it makes much more sense to say original game. And as for me, I'll keep my PS1 copy and also try this out.

I refuse to acknowledge its existence lol.

You're not doing a very good job then if you're posting in this thread.

VGPolyglot said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I refuse to acknowledge its existence lol.

You're not doing a very good job then if you're posting in this thread.

Any thread about a remake/remaster you can expect him to show up and be salty.

Barkley said:
30fps/1080p on PS4 and 60fps/native 4k on Pro means either this is BS or theyre not putting a lot of effort into the standard PS4 version, that gap is much larger than it should be.

What we dont know is what FPS it could do on the standard. the 30FPS could be locked... not aiming for. So perhaps it runs at 38-52 or something, you dont want that unlocked in a game (though surprising games like State of Decay 2 make this mistake). You lock it to 30, that doesn't mean its not possible for it to run higher.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
Barkley said:
30fps/1080p on PS4 and 60fps/native 4k on Pro means either this is BS or theyre not putting a lot of effort into the standard PS4 version, that gap is much larger than it should be.

What we dont know is what FPS it could do on the standard. the 30FPS could be locked... not aiming for. So perhaps it runs at 38-52 or something, you dont want that unlocked in a game (though surprising games like State of Decay 2 make this mistake). You lock it to 30, that doesn't mean its not possible for it to run higher.

Possibly, but even jumps from 1080p@60 to 4k@60 are pretty much unheard of, generally we see things like this:

Doom - 1080p@60 to 1440p@60
CoD BO3/IW - 1080p@60 to 4kCB@60
CoD WW2 - 1080p@60 to 1620p@60

The only games that really see a boost from 1080p@60 to 4k@60 are games like Fifa, and a couple of last-gen remasters such as Wipeout and Darksiders. But I wouldn't class the RE:2 Remake in the likes of Wipeout/Darksiders which are really just ports with higher resolution textures and some additional affects on top.