By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I predict: Konami will announce a new Castlevanias @ E3

Reasons:

-Konami had to have already observed the major success of Bloodstained's Kickstarter. They have a precise $ amount in mind of how popular the franchise can be.

-MGS and Silent Hill are toast. Bomberman did ok on Switch. That leaves Castlevania out there for the next franchise to attempt to put to market.

-Successful Netflix series + Mobile game already in works + success of NES/SNES classic = groundwork to re-establish the franchise

-New Smash Bros. offers additional marketing angle - if you can get Simon Belmont in there

I figure Konami will announce a 2D Castlevania collection not unlike Mega Man Legacy. Then follow up with a new HD 2D Castlevania because it's not hard to find a developer who can make a good Castlevania.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

I really wish they would, and the perfect developer would be FROM Software. That would of course be a 3D game

Yeah. No. I don't see it

don't see konami doing that, sadly konami is not the konami it once was

Konami's mistakes the last two games was making them too graphically impressive.

They were insanely beautiful and technically impressive games, which imo really hurt their budget.

Around the Network

After MG Survive flop I doubt they will ever put their money in console development

fleischr said:

Reasons:

-Konami had to have already observed the major success of Bloodstained's Kickstarter. They have a precise $ amount in mind of how popular the franchise can be.

-MGS and Silent Hill are toast. Bomberman did ok on Switch. That leaves Castlevania out there for the next franchise to attempt to put to market.

-Successful Netflix series + Mobile game already in works + success of NES/SNES classic = groundwork to re-establish the franchise

-New Smash Bros. offers additional marketing angle - if you can get Simon Belmont in there

I figure Konami will announce a 2D Castlevania collection not unlike Mega Man Legacy. Then follow up with a new HD 2D Castlevania because it's not hard to find a developer who can make a good Castlevania.

It isn't easy to finde a good developer who can make a good castlevania game. 

Crymassive said:
fleischr said:

Reasons:

It isn't easy to finde a good developer who can make a good castlevania game. 

Boatloads of indie devs make Metroidvanias every month.

You could outsource a good Castlevania pretty easily and affordably.

melbye said:
I really wish they would, and the perfect developer would be FROM Software. That would of course be a 3D game

Nah ... 3D Castlevania just hasn't worked as well 2D Castlevania.

derpysquirtle64 said:
After MG Survive flop I doubt they will ever put their money in console development

They're at E3 for something this year.

I think they're just out of AAA development. They'll never create something at the scope of MGS5 again, but small projects similar to Bomberman Switch will be around.