By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Dreams Previews And They LOVE It!

DragonRouge said:

So, it is basically  "there you go, make your own games". They expect us to do their job and pay them for it? No thanks.

Why not? It's the same formula that worked for LittleBigPlanet... this is just so much more expansive. 

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
DragonRouge said:

So, it is basically  "there you go, make your own games". They expect us to do their job and pay them for it? No thanks.

Why not? It's the same formula that worked for LittleBigPlanet... this is just so much more expansive. 

I'm just a cranky dude, if you find it appealing go for it, I just think it's rather pointless to pay $60 bucks for a game editor when you can find free tools on the internet for that, if you want to make games so bad.

Besides, I rather spend my time playing games than making them.

DragonRouge said:
Bristow9091 said:

I'm just a cranky dude, if you find it appealing go for it, I just think it's rather pointless to pay $60 bucks for a game editor when you can find free tools on the internet for that, if you want to make games so bad.

Yeah but you don't actually have to make anything yourself, just play the levels and games that other people make instead... if it really is as extensive as we're seeing and hearing, there should be quite a lot of interesting stuff going on with it.

Oh well, it's not for everyone anyway, no game is :P 

I don't think this game is going to do well at all. it needs a beefy SP and good marketing push. I don't see the latter.

all of its views online are like tens of thousands at most. maybe one or twoo 400k videos.

likely to be MM last project if it fails miserably. 

MasterThief said:

I don't think this game is going to do well at all. it needs a beefy SP and good marketing push. I don't see the latter.

all of its views online are like tens of thousands at most. maybe one or twoo 400k videos.

likely to be MM last project if it fails miserably. 

It will get the marketing push in due time, and it will sell well enough, even more if the reviews and creators support is good. 

And as said by another user, the studio is making money without even releasing a game, so they're not going anywhere. 

Around the Network
twintail said:
Areaz32 said:

But the 2018 came not that long ago. We got the 2018 at PSX/VGA last year. Before that we didn't have a date at all because the last promise had already been broken at that point.

This is true, but Shuhei also said Days Gone was 2018 at PSX17.

But that was recently delayed officially (most likely due to red dead redemption 2) Dreams hasn't been delayed officially.

Areaz32 said:
twintail said:

This is true, but Shuhei also said Days Gone was 2018 at PSX17.

But that was recently delayed officially (most likely due to red dead redemption 2) Dreams hasn't been delayed officially.

and yet it was announced to have a beta back in 2016. im just saying, i want something more than just 2018. A few games with 201X as the release date have been pushed back.

DragonRouge said:

It comes with a campaign as well.

But that's kind of the idea with creation-games? 

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

DragonRouge said:
Bristow9091 said:

Well the difference is the enormous learning curve. Even as a programmer i find those tools intimidating. And they take soooooo long to use its not funny. In Dreams you can more or less assemble ideas as fast as you can think them up almost. And remember you aren't just paying for tools. You are paying for a singleplayer campaign and a ton of games online. Media Molecule has already said that they will have levels out there on launch so it wont just be trash levels.

Bristow9091 said:
DragonRouge said:

Yeah but you don't actually have to make anything yourself, just play the levels and games that other people make instead... if it really is as extensive as we're seeing and hearing, there should be quite a lot of interesting stuff going on with it.

Oh well, it's not for everyone anyway, no game is :P 

There’s also a campaign made by Media Molecule.