By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Dreams Previews And They LOVE It!

twintail said:
Tmfwang said:

It’s already confirmed for 2018

I know, but unless they give a more concrete date, it could easily not be 2018.

But the 2018 came not that long ago. We got the 2018 at PSX/VGA last year. Before that we didn't have a date at all because the last promise had already been broken at that point.

Around the Network
twintail said:
Tmfwang said:

It’s already confirmed for 2018

The only reason they wouldn't keep to the 2018 date is if something unexpected cropped up. In the recent vids, you can see quite clearly the build is now solid, feature rich and the UI is polished. Both in the recent Animation and Music vids, those demonstrating were rewarded with XP which then goes towards their online standing and helps give them a category they can be known for. With the UI complete, the tech running smoothly and the reward system in place, it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine this build was the beta build. This means the beta can't be that far away and then the game will likely follow a month or so later. I think E3 could be the place they announce, and even release, the beta. 

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
twintail said:

The only reason they wouldn't keep to the 2018 date is if something unexpected cropped up. In the recent vids, you can see quite clearly the build is now solid, feature rich and the UI is polished. Both in the recent Animation and Music vids, those demonstrating were rewarded with XP which then goes towards their online standing and helps give them a category they can be known for. With the UI complete, the tech running smoothly and the reward system in place, it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine this build was the beta build. This means the beta can't be that far away and then the game will likely follow a month or so later. I think E3 could be the place they announce, and even release, the beta. 

Oh how i hope you are right. If i get into that beta i will do everything in my might as a creator. 

I don't imagine it will be released this E3. Id imagine it would just get a beta release date scheduled to be in a few months.

Areaz32 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Oh how i hope you are right. If i get into that beta i will do everything in my might as a creator. 

I don't imagine it will be released this E3. Id imagine it would just get a beta release date scheduled to be in a few months.

I would be lying if I said there wasn't a degree of 'hope' in my assessment. Clearly there is but we have a 2018 date and MM have said the next stream (which will be around E3) is a 'secret'. I've also asked MM about the beta and whether what we create will be available to use when the game releases, and their answer was 'that's the plan'. I'm hopeful and confident the beta isn't far off. 

Last edited by GribbleGrunger - on 03 June 2018

The PS5 Exists. 

I haven’t been this hyped for a game in a long time :D

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network

So, it is basically  "there you go, make your own games". They expect us to do their job and pay them for it? No thanks.

Bristow9091 said:
DragonRouge said:

So, it is basically  "there you go, make your own games". They expect us to do their job and pay them for it? No thanks.

Why not? It's the same formula that worked for LittleBigPlanet... this is just so much more expansive. 

I'm just a cranky dude, if you find it appealing go for it, I just think it's rather pointless to pay $60 bucks for a game editor when you can find free tools on the internet for that, if you want to make games so bad.

Besides, I rather spend my time playing games than making them.

I don't think this game is going to do well at all. it needs a beefy SP and good marketing push. I don't see the latter.

all of its views online are like tens of thousands at most. maybe one or twoo 400k videos.

likely to be MM last project if it fails miserably. 

MasterThief said:

I don't think this game is going to do well at all. it needs a beefy SP and good marketing push. I don't see the latter.

all of its views online are like tens of thousands at most. maybe one or twoo 400k videos.

likely to be MM last project if it fails miserably. 

It will get the marketing push in due time, and it will sell well enough, even more if the reviews and creators support is good. 

And as said by another user, the studio is making money without even releasing a game, so they're not going anywhere. 

twintail said:
Areaz32 said:

But the 2018 came not that long ago. We got the 2018 at PSX/VGA last year. Before that we didn't have a date at all because the last promise had already been broken at that point.

This is true, but Shuhei also said Days Gone was 2018 at PSX17.

But that was recently delayed officially (most likely due to red dead redemption 2) Dreams hasn't been delayed officially.