By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DF Retro: Revisiting E3 2004 - PSP vs DS

Which handheld did you buy in 2005 (or end 2004)?

both Nintendo DS and PSP in their first year 1 5.26%

DS in 2004/2005, never bought a PSP 4 21.05%

DS in 2004/2005, PSP after 2005 1 5.26%

PSP in 2004/2005, never bought a DS 3 15.79%

PSP in 2004/2005, DS after 2005 1 5.26%

both DS and PSP after 2005 1 5.26%

DS after 2005, never bought a PSP 7 36.84%

PSP after 2005, never bought a DS 0 0%

never bought a DS or PSP 1 5.26%

Total:19

The PSP never interested me in the slightest, there wasn’t a single game which I even remotely wanted to play. Even Vita had games I wanted to play. So I never got a PSP. I did get a DS, a DSlite in 2007, and while it had some good games it’s still a good deal lower than 3DS and Gameboy for me.

Around the Network
Conina said:
KBG29 said:
Ultimately, I would love 5G and a Shared library between dedicated home and dedicated mobile devices so I can play my friends while I am on business, and they are at home with their console.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.valvesoftware.steamlink

He doesn't do laptops or Desktops of any sort.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Conina said:
KBG29 said:
Ultimately, I would love 5G and a Shared library between dedicated home and dedicated mobile devices so I can play my friends while I am on business, and they are at home with their console.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.valvesoftware.steamlink

Remote Play for Steam!  As Chazore mentioned, I don't do PC or Smartphones, but I do like that this is coming to those platforms. 

On the Console side of things I have been doing this via Remote Play since PSP and PS3. I played all of Lair via Remote Play on PSP, my first big Remote Play Expereince. I use it quite often on PS Vita and PS4, it even works tethered to my flip phone over 4G. However, it is far from perfect regaurdless of the connection. 

These streaming options are a great way to allow people access from any device, but nothing beats local rendering. Having the ability to play your software on the device in your hands, with perfect response is golden. That is what makes the PSP, PS Vita, Gameboy, DS, and Switch so special. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

This thread made me go back and have a look at the PSP's library. I'm going to have to get a PSP now! Looking to get the following games...

God of War: Chains of Olympus
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
MGS Peace Walker
MGS Portable Ops
Daxter
Jean D'Arc
Patapon
Patapon 2
Ratchet and Clank Size Matters
Half Minute Hero
Valkyria Chronicles 2
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Tales of Eternia
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
Crisis Core FFVII
Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger (A Nippon Ichi Gem)
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Ys Seven
Ys: The Oath in Felgaha
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky