By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How long before Games Can Review Themselves?

DarthMetalliCube said:

Wouldn't the characters have to rate the game in the context of games, though? I feel like to them it would just feel like life. It's like getting us to review our lives. Also, the characters wouldn't have the context to review their experience vs the experience of other games & the gaming scene as a whole, which are important aspects of reviewing.

I feel like I'm high right now lol.

Very good point! Having said that, how would you rate your life at the moment? Is it naturally by default a 10/10 or does it vary from year to year? If the answer to that is it varies, then what are the factors that make it vary? Everything is relative, as you've alluded to, so wouldn't a character from the game review the game based on their relative experience to other characters and their experiences? If you had a bad game (reviewed by a player) because it lacked content then, even without context, wouldn't the character feel his life within the game was missing something? Remember, the characters in the game have not 'grown' from infant to child to adult, they've been born whole, characteristics preset, ambitions preordained. True AI may well create a situation in which these characters eventually evolve beyond the coding but their 'relative' position in the game world would have been established beforehand. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Somebody’s been watching Westworld?

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1