By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My current Zelda collection to date...

contestgamer said:
Shiken said:

I have A Link to the Past for GBA and Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask on 3DS.  They are essentially the same game, as we all know and I have the originals on VC.

My actual copies of the N64 and SNES games were lost in a bad break up years ago and I have not gotten around to replacing them yet as I still have physical versions anyway in the form of later releases on different platforms.

Green blood and lack of chants in fire temple render the OOT remakes a great deal inferior. Plus that cartridge. You need to get that back.

Not all N64 cartridges of the game have those things either though, there's a couple different versions. Mine, bought in 1998, has green blood, but does have the chants and the crescent moon-shaped Gerudo symbol. 

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
Shiken said:

I have A Link to the Past for GBA and Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask on 3DS.  They are essentially the same game, as we all know and I have the originals on VC.

My actual copies of the N64 and SNES games were lost in a bad break up years ago and I have not gotten around to replacing them yet as I still have physical versions anyway in the form of later releases on different platforms.

Green blood and lack of chants in fire temple render the OOT remakes a great deal inferior. Plus that cartridge. You need to get that back.

I hardly consider something like that a great deal inferior seeing as how there was so little blood to begin with and a slight alteration to one temple's music would not affect gameplay nor plot in the least.  The 3DS games are more than sufficient, and in many ways better.

I do plan on replacing them eventually though.  An SNES version of ALttP, the two N64 games, and a GC/Wii version of TP is all I am missing in terms of "original" versions.  I still have my two NES versions and my GC version of WW.  I just do not have them on display as I have them arranged in order based on the timeline.  I only need one version to do that otherwise it throws the concept out of wack.

Not sure when I will get to it though because with what I have, I already have a physical medium for each game and the means to play them (even have 3 copies of Four Swords, 3 GBA, and the link cable).  If I had to choose between buying an older version of a game I already have, or the new God of War, I am going to go with the new game.

I am a huge Zelda fan and enjoy collecting, but there are other games to play too.  Plus I would rather add to my collection with newer versions of the games (like HW for Switch), newer books (like Hyrule Encyclopedia and Manga), and various other additions that would look better than just different versions of the games I already own.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261