By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Digital Foundry vs Crysis: A decade later

Interesting look at the game's legendarily demanding technology. 

It's remarkable how well it holds up for a game that came out in 2007; still has more physics and interactivity than most current gen games.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Interesting look at the game's legendarily demanding technology. 

It's remarkable how well it holds up for a game that came out in 2007; still has more physics and interactivity than most current gen games.

It's still amazes me how it's physics worked back then as well:

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I never understood how this was even possible lol, what kind of rigs were they working with when they developed the game?

It was one game the gave PC fanboys the loudest mouth at that time. I played it 6yrs after its release and it was gorgeous.

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

Crysis is one of those games I always think of replaying now that I have a more powerful rig than when I first played it, but somehow I never end doing it.

It still looks very good, but I wouldn't mind a remaster/remake that's not compromised by consoles.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

for years i would install Crysis when I got new PC hardware to see how far I could push it. i have forgotten all about that game tbh.

Johnw1104 said:
I never understood how this was even possible lol, what kind of rigs were they working with when they developed the game?

Time travelers. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

great video.

Given the game's age and the fact I hadn't seen it in action for years, I went in to the video expecting it to look quite dated in the way that last gen games tend to nowadays, but I was actually quite astounded by how great it still looks. The attention to detail, lush foliage, water simulation, etc are a sight to behold even in 2018.

The Geometry hasn't aged well though.
Keen to see how StarCitizen pushes the engine when that finally drops.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--