By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chucklefish announces new game - Eastward

THE WORLD IS FALLING TO RUIN...

The human population has shrunk to an all-time low as strange creatures descend upon the cities. In a small town, a hardworking digger discovers a mysterious young girl in a secret facility deep underground…

The game is a pixelated Adventure RPG set in a post-apocalyptic world. The blog says it is inspired by 90s Anime, The Legend of Zelda and Earthbound.

Story Description

In the not-too-distant future, the world around is falling to ruin, as the human population shrinks to an all-time low. You play as a hardworking digger named John, who discovers a mysterious young girl in a secret facility underneath his digging site. After being exiled from his village, John must guide this girl through dangerous decaying cities, inhabited by hordes of monsters and a quirky cast of characters!

FEATURES

• Single player, dual character adventure RPG with puzzle-solving and dungeon elements
  • Join John and Sam in their emotional journey across a world falling to ruin
  • Meet a quirky cast of characters, encounter strange monsters and distant cities
  • Beautifully rich pixel art, created using a combination of modern 3D lighting and
  • retro-pixel style artwork
  • Soundtrack composed by Joel Corelitz (Hohokum, The Unfinished Swan, The Tomorrow Children, Gorogoa), with sound design from Irish studio, Hyperduck Soundworks
Trailer:
Screenshots:
The game has no set release date or other platforms mentioned (besides PC) so far, so we'll have to stay tuned for updates in the coming months.
I loved Starbound, Stardew Valley, and I'm looking forward to Wargroove and Witchbrook. So far this game is giving me good vibes, so I'll likely be looking forward to this one as well.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Looks really good. Gives me some Earthbound vibes. Pixel art is nice and detailed.

This looks cute, although I'm beginning to fear that the "lone and troubled man with innocent child travelling the through apocalypse" scenario is becoming repetitive.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

The Earthbound vibes are strong, I almost feel like I should be wishing for Mother 4 to have this artstyle instead of a mix of Animal Crossing and Pokémon now

This looks really good!Im looking foward to it.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Excited for this, the company is doing really well.