By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super NES Classic Edition worldwide sales top 5.28 million

Super NES Classic Edition worldwide sales top 5.28 million

1.28 million additional sales since January.

Total sales for the Super NES Classic Edition have exceeded 5.28 million units as of March 31, Nintendo announced in its latest financial results.  

Super NES Classic Edition sales were last reported in January as four million million, meaning it has since moved an additional 1.28 million units.

The plug-and-play system was released in late September 2017 in North America and Europe, and in Japan in early October 2017. In Europe, it is known as the Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System, and in Japan it is called the Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Famicom.

https://gematsu.com/2018/04/super-nes-classic-edition-worldwide-sales-top-5-28-million

Sorry if already posted.

Around the Network

Yeah, this product sold like crazy

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Great numbers, especially considering Nintendo doesn't aggressively ship the product.

Is snes classic the most appealing Nintendo classic system?

Has any other old classic got the ability to beat this? Maybe an n64 classic?

Will Nintendo keep this around until it beats the WiiU?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Is snes classic the most appealing Nintendo classic system?

Has any other old classic got the ability to beat this? Maybe an n64 classic?

Game Boy, but it'd be up to Nintendo whether or not they want to ship enough to beat it. 

Probably a GameCube or Wii classic. I personally love the N64 but too many of its best games are unlikely to appear  due issues with licensing on it and those that don't look great that they will be appreciated compared to pixel stuff from the NES or SNES eras.

It is a shame Nintendo could have teamed up with Sega and worked on a legit Genesis mini with the same care. 

Great sales. Aren't they re-releasing the NES Classic this year? Those two combined could hit 20 million eventually. NES Classic I think sold around 2.5 million and most people never even saw one in stores.

Wonder when they will announce the N64 Classic, it has to happen

Slownenberg said:
Great sales. Aren't they re-releasing the NES Classic this year? Those two combined could hit 20 million eventually. NES Classic I think sold around 2.5 million and most people never even saw one in stores.

melbye said:
Wonder when they will announce the N64 Classic, it has to happen

I'm extremely curious if all 3 could potentially have retail availability simultaneously. I think they could pull it off since each unit appeals to slightly different demos. 

NES-Baby Boomers and Gen X

SNES-Gen X and 80's born millenials

N64-80's and 90's millenials 

And then of course there's overlap, I grew up playing all 3 personally.

I'm also curious of the profit margin on these units, I know their intent is to bring brand awareness to Nintendo but I doubt they're just breaking even. Thats not Nintendo's style.