By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Microsoft teases a ‘classic Halo’ PC experience after killing fan mod

Azzanation said:
HollyGamer said:

No  in fact , it's a good thing for us who don't want to buy Xbox One , but not for the people who want Xbox one  consoles sells  a lot  .  

Either way you will be supporting Xbox since there games fall under the Xbox devision plus software earns more profits than hardware. 

If gamers are happy to support the Windows 10 eco system than good on them.

Than my comment was correct , Microsoft will try to kill Xbox hardware by focusing more on software and "SERVICE" on PC.  

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
HollyGamer said:

No  in fact , it's a good thing for us who don't want to buy Xbox One , but not for the people who want Xbox one  consoles sells  a lot  .  

Either way you will be supporting Xbox since there games fall under the Xbox devision plus software earns more profits than hardware. 

I don't think gamers are supporting the Windows 10 ecosystem. Windows 10 store has had a fairly luke-warm reception in the PC gaming sphere on PC. (Halo Wars 2, Gears of War 4 etc'.)
To me it just feels like Games for Windows Live! 2.0 and thus will never buy a game off it.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Azzanation said:

I don't think gamers are supporting the Windows 10 ecosystem. Windows 10 store has had a fairly luke-warm reception in the PC gaming sphere on PC. (Halo Wars 2, Gears of War 4 etc'.)
To me it just feels like Games for Windows Live! 2.0 and thus will never buy a game off it.

It seems there arent many other ways to play Xbox games since alot or there recent releases are Win10/Xbox exclusive. Age of Empires DE and Sea of Thieves arent available on Steam and i cant see  Age of Empires 4, Halo 6 or any of there future games being on both Stores. 

So what happens if that remains the case? You will have to buy it on Win10 or Xbox? Or do you just boycott the game you like?

Last edited by Azzanation - on 26 April 2018

HollyGamer said:
Azzanation said:

Than my comment was correct , Microsoft will try to kill Xbox hardware by focusing more on software and "SERVICE" on PC.  

Xbox is dead but its an option and its making them revenue. I don't think companies remove products for that sole reason. Many products you buy off the shelf have many options. Like phones, i dont see Samsung removing the S8 Note because there S8 sell better. 

Besides you cannot argu the fact Xbox software and Subs are higher on there machine. 59milliiion Live Subs.. they would be stupid to drop Xbox because those subs are making them a fortune. 

Last edited by Azzanation - on 26 April 2018

Azzanation said:
HollyGamer said:

Xbox is dead but its an option and its making them revenue. I don't think companies remove products for that sole reason. Many products you buy off the shelf have many options. Like phones, i dont see Samsung removing the S8 Note because there S8 sell better. 

Besides you cannot argu the fact Xbox software and Subs are higher on there machine. 59milliiion Live Subs.. they would be stupid to drop Xbox because those subs are making them a fortune. 

It's just only the beginning.  and in near future it will be worse for the hardware sales. Microsoft are in the era of transitioning, they will not focusing in both area at the same time, the same with Nintendo and SONY (Nintendo focusing on portable market and SONY on Console and VR consoles) 

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
Azzanation said:

It's just only the beginning.  and in near future it will be worse for the hardware sales. Microsoft are in the era of transitioning, they will not focusing in both area at the same time, the same with Nintendo and SONY (Nintendo focusing on portable market and SONY on Console and VR consoles) 

So you are saying they are going to drop Xbox Hardware and lose 50m+ paying Subs because there system isnt outselling there competitors? There main focus is all about the service and Xbox is a big contributor to its service. Xbox will always be there its just not going to be there primary focus.

MS will compete on both fronts, weather its the best selling or not, they want income from both markets. MS have the resources to be a competitor.

Azzanation said:
HollyGamer said:

So you are saying they are going to drop Xbox Hardware and lose 50m+ paying Subs because there system isnt outselling there competitors? There main focus is all about the service and Xbox is a big contributor to its service. Xbox will always be there its just not going to be there primary focus.

MS will compete on both fronts, weather its the best selling or not, they want income from both markets. MS have the resources to be a competitor.

Well they can but the risk are not worth for the investor. Gaming in general is big in terms of  investment. Microsoft is not a charity company. In fact even on software front they have not yet making a big return, their gaming studio are lacking quality and quantity of IP.  

Buzzwords like "dead" and "investor" are cute. They are making money and I've noticed a few improvements for their console market via software. Along side a good piece of hardware... good software is what they need to focus on... take a page out of Nintendo's playbook.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

HollyGamer said:
Azzanation said:

Well they can but the risk are not worth for the investor. Gaming in general is big in terms of  investment. Microsoft is not a charity company. In fact even on software front they have not yet making a big return, their gaming studio are lacking quality and quantity of IP.  

And the big problem with your post is simple. You act as if you need quality IPs to make money and you are also acting as if Xbox isnt making MS money. 

MS isnt a charity and if you havnt heard recently but Xbox is increasing revenue each year so its far from a charity service for MS. Xbox is too important for them, it pushes Direct X and it pushes subs.

Again the live Ecosystem is too big on Xbox consoles to drop just to focus on PC gaming.

Azzanation said:
Pemalite said:

It seems there arent many other ways to play Xbox games since alot or there recent releases are Win10/Xbox exclusive. Age of Empires DE and Sea of Thieves arent available on Steam and i cant see  Age of Empires 4, Halo 6 or any of there future games being on both Stores. 

So what happens if that remains the case? You will have to buy it on Win10 or Xbox? Or do you just boycott the game you like?

Boycott.
If it's on Xbox I *might* buy it on there if I am genuinely interested, but only if it's Physical.
But for PC titles, Microsoft, just like Ubisoft can take a hike.

slab_of_bacon said:
Buzzwords like "dead" and "investor" are cute. They are making money and I've noticed a few improvements for their console market via software. Along side a good piece of hardware... good software is what they need to focus on... take a page out of Nintendo's playbook.

Microsoft is certainly making cash, but they do tend obfuscate revenue/profit from that side of the business though by conflating numbers with other business.

Azzanation said:

MS isnt a charity and if you havnt heard recently but Xbox is increasing revenue each year so its far from a charity service for MS.

Well. They could go backwards at the start of the next generation if they don't pull their finger out.
Microsoft is quickly becoming an industry meme with the lack of games they are putting out.

I can't even remember the last Xbox game I actually bought, because... What's the point? I have them all on PC anyway.

Azzanation said:

Xbox is too important for them, it pushes Direct X and it pushes subs.

Xbox pushing Direct X isn't that big of a pusher.
There is less than 40 million Xbox One consoles.

Guess how many hundreds of millions of PC's there are?

Azzanation said:

Again the live Ecosystem is too big on Xbox consoles to drop just to focus on PC gaming.

Not to mention that Microsoft doesn't really have any PC market share anyway... And probably won't garner anything significant in the short or long term either. Steam is certainly the dominant force with GOG and Origin bringing up the rear.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--