By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War is probably the best game of this generation so far

I thought MHW was GOTY? What now? Every 2 month a new GOTY. What about HZD? That was GOTY for over a year. Than it got released and it wasnt. Wait for RDR2 and Spiderman and whatever Nintendo will bring. 

Around the Network

I played it and the story just feels too loose and quite scarce at times. Feels more like a dad and son boat trip simulator rather than this epic adventure filled with encounters with legends. Also nothing really beats the first boss encounter with Baldur, it is the best boss fight in gaming but I'm a bit let down that nothing ever tops it.

Also enemy variety is scant but the combat feels good, love the blades of chaos.

The story to me felt like a Fallout, like you want to save your son but before that you make a farm, help make a settlement, help the brotherhood gather new recruits and become this hitman mercenary. Like sure, you want to scatter your mother's ashes in Jotunheim but first you help free spirits, kill corrupted valkyeries, free some more spirits and find some rare artefact, it felt more repetitive but the characters make up for it. I wish there were less enemies all around and more exploration. Love the game though, beautiful and great to play.

The characters though are well written, amazingly done, all are lovable and believable. Perfect job on that front.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 23 April 2018

shikamaru317 said:
That would be Witcher 3.

The Witcher-Team / CD PROJEKT RED congratulates Sony Santa Monica for the Masterpiece God Of War :)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235812&page=1#

The Last of Us 2, Death Stranding, Ni No Kuni 2, the Spiderman-game in September, Kingdom Hearts 3, Detroit Become Human in May and many other games have a chance at the title in future. And God of War is incredibly impressive.

Winners are all of us - the players :)

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 23 April 2018

Pagan said:

I thought MHW was GOTY? What now? Every 2 month a new GOTY. What about HZD? That was GOTY for over a year. Than it got released and it wasnt. Wait for RDR2 and Spiderman and whatever Nintendo will bring. 

If you aren't at least GOTY you are nothing these days.

Now l wonder what will be the next month's game of the generation.

Last edited by freebs2 - on 23 April 2018

Intrinsic said:
Slimebeast said:
Fuck me, son.

To me the best game of the generation is Kingdom Come: Deliverance (at least until Mount & Blade: Bannerlord comes out), but that's a multiplat. Out of exlusives God ov War is easily the best.

And those graphics. They are the ungodly graphics.

Is this is joke?

That game is the buggiest game I have played this generation. It literally has progression game breaking bugs that affect the MAIN QUEST!!!! Very floaty non specific combat system, an aiming system with the bow that crossed that line of being realistic hence forgtetting its a game resulting in a broken mechanic.....

I don't care much of GOW is one persons game of the genration or not.... but I can't see how any gamer will call KCD their best game ever.. haven't you played quality games before? KCD was the worst $60 I have spent this year. I heard it was buggy, but felt it couldn't be that bad..... it is.

I don't want to go off topic, so I'll just say that it's extremely sad that you didn't enjoy Kingdom Come. And on PC shooting with a bow works extremely well if you just practice a little bit, and that's before any patch.

Around the Network

yep easily the best looking game ever made, I have seen some great looking games on pc at 4k but god of war on the pro on a 4k hdr tv looks absolutely amazing! easily the best looking game to date. This shows how talented sony's devs are and they know how to use the ps4 to its full potential unlike micorsoft and their lame ass devs not able to take full advantage of the one x just look at forza 7 for example.

Just wait until the last of us 2 drops! It will look even better imo. Sony just have amazing developers on their side right now, people that know exactly what they're doing. Xbox is a failing system.

❌ Moderated (Trolling) ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 23 April 2018

adisababa said:
I played it and the story just feels too loose and quite scarce at times.

SPOILERS

Is this thread OK with spoilers? Wasn't aware of that... 

freebs2 said:
Pagan said:

Which one was last month's?

Hynad said:
freebs2 said:

Which one was last month's?

Don't know, I lost track after BOTW, Horizon, Uncharted, the Witcher and Bloodborne.

The point is when hyperboles are dropped every time a good game is released, terms like these lose thieir meaning.

Not to mention that the goty/gotg debate doesn't mean much to begin with.

Just finished the story last night. God damn is this game good. I still have a ton of side content to do, which is really exciting because I'm really not ready to be done with the game.

I'm not sure if it's my gotg yet, but it's real close if it's not.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.