By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NPD HW Predictions for 2018 (entire year) WW as well

NPD

PS4,  5M
NSW, 4.5M
XB1, 4.5M

WW
PS4, 19M
NSW, 12M
XB1, 8.5M

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 20 April 2018

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
jason1637 said:

How much do you think Switch would sell in The US? Last year US sales made up 37% of Switch sales and if the switch sells 18m US sales would be around 6.6m but the Switch is tracking behind the PS4 in the US and the PS4 is tracking behind the PS4 in 2017 so i think its reasonable to thing Switch could sell 14m.

With regards to the PS4, what its tarcking right now doesn't really mean much. Especially when you consider that last year the PS4 was weakest during the holiday season but reachs that 20M figure because of how well it did throughout the year.

In 2018, its not doing that well compared to 2017 but its no slouch either and we are yet to see whatever boost GOW is goingto have on sales. But If sony decided to drop the price around the holidays for a longer duration of time then it could at the very least match last year sales.

Hmm GoW should help the PS4 but i dont think it will be as big as people are expecting. I expect PS4s Holiday to be stronger but rest of yea to be qeaker and it to be slighly down YoY to 18m instead of 20m. 18m is still pretty good though.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

NPD

PS4,  5M
NSW, 4.5M
XB1, 4.5M

WW
PS4, 19M
NSW, 12M
XB1, 8.5M

lol

NPD:
Ps4:5.8 million
NSW:5.6 million
Xbox:5 million
I not sure how some people don't think the Switch will be up YoY in the US, The no stock issues in the US will surely keep it ahead in Q2 and it should be able to have a better November than last year
WW:
PS4:18 million
NSW: 17 million
Xbox: 9 million

Intrinsic said:
jason1637 said:

How much do you think Switch would sell in The US? Last year US sales made up 37% of Switch sales and if the switch sells 18m US sales would be around 6.6m but the Switch is tracking behind the PS4 in the US and the PS4 is tracking behind the PS4 in 2017 so i think its reasonable to thing Switch could sell 14m.

With regards to the PS4, what its tarcking right now doesn't really mean much. Especially when you consider that last year the PS4 was weakest during the holiday season but reachs that 20M figure because of how well it did throughout the year.

In 2018, its not doing that well compared to 2017 but its no slouch either and we are yet to see whatever boost GOW is goingto have on sales. But If sony decided to drop the price around the holidays for a longer duration of time then it could at the very least match last year sales.

I think that applies to all of them, Q1 doesnt really mean a whole lot when it comes to the full year.

Across all regions Switch had good Q1 sales (not bad, not amazing) and it will probably remain that way for next few months since it lacks huge sellers, instead having a handful of small-medium hits (Kirby, Donkey Kong, Mario Tennis, etc).

This could result in it being behind PS4 for most of the year but if it has Smash Bros, Pokemon and its first Holiday deals/bundles than it could potentially erase the lead built up in the early part of the year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
NPD
PS4:5800K
NSW: 5600K
XB1: 5450K

WW
PS4: 20.7M
NSW: 17.6M
XB1: 9.5M

I could see it playing out like that.

zorg1000 said:

I think that applies to all of them, Q1 doesnt really mean a whole lot when it comes to the full year.

Across all regions Switch had good Q1 sales (not bad, not amazing) and it will probably remain that way for next few months since it lacks huge sellers, instead having a handful of small-medium hits (Kirby, Donkey Kong, Mario Tennis, etc).

This could result in it being behind PS4 for most of the year but if it has Smash Bros, Pokemon and its first Holiday deals/bundles than it could potentially erase the lead built up in the early part of the year.

Yh, but why I singled out the PS4 is because even though it sold well, it did have a bad third quater (oct-dec)  last year. Especially when compared to everyone else. And that was not because they couldn't have sold better, or on par but because sony were not willing to be as aggressive as MS and the NS was seeing its first holiday (albeit stock limited to an extent)

This year, depending on if sony decideds to set loose a $199 PS4, that could be very very different. I mean if sony had as good a third quater as they could have they would have sold almost 22M last year if not more. They were down in q3 2017 compared to q3 2016/15

Not going to put any research into this, so with that said:

PS4: 5.4m
SWI: 5.3m
XB1: 4.7m

WW:
PS4: 18.7m
SWI: 17.3m
XB1: 9.5m