By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War early playthrough thoughts

d21lewis said:
KLAMarine said:

Don't forget to say "no homo".

I'm so grateful, I'm willing to "experiment".

As long as you don't experiment.

Around the Network

Cannot get over how good this is

John2290 said:
Mad into it. 12 hours now or so on an all nighter. Some minor gripes like the tiny text on the UI, FOV, animation locks and some frame drops on the OG with fan noises like a chainsaw, along with the reliance on motion blur. Almost everything else is top notch, nearly shed a tear in the opening also... same as TLoU. The greatness of it far outweighs the little things and it's mighty fuckin great. Don't want it to end.

You can turn the motion blur off I think.

It's ok. Good. I wouldn't say great though. I'm about 5 hours in. Already starting to feel like the combat is boring. Would have liked the camera to be zoomed out a bit more as the limited perspective can make things hard to see in battle. Don't really feel attached to the kid yet. Also feels like the minor characters just randomly show up ... kind of odd. I guess it was the same for the previous games but it's kind of odd when you just open a door and all the sudden find a godly smith out of nowhere. 

So far I'm enjoying it a lot. It does have some issues for me.
The kid talks way too much, it feels like he's speaking anytime anything happens. I'd like him to stay qheist for a few minutes.
The camera feels likes it's too close to kratos for my liking. During more hectic combat moments it's hard to keep track of all of the enemy's when so little is visible and kratos is taking up so much space on the screen.
The game takes away control a little to often. I find that just as I'm getting into the gameplay I get yanked into a cutscene.
These problems aren't too major and I'll probably forget about them by the time I finish the game.

Around the Network

GOTY so far for me. This is nothing like the GOW I knew, it's like Uncharted and Last of Us had a baby. This is gonna be hard to beat.

d21lewis said:
Bristow9091 said:

Isn't there a way to change that? I'm stuck at work so can't see myself, but I saw a video where they had square and triangle for the attacks, maybe that'd suit you better? 

I could kiss you right now!! Thanks, man!!

When i first started playing I died because my reflex action was to hit the face buttons ,don't know about changing now i 've got used to them , like most I feel the camera could have been pulled back a little, also I miss not being able to jump obviously a feature of the new camera.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

My early thoughts ...

I'm here typing.

The PS5 Exists. 

Looks good graphically but I’m playing on a vanilla PS4.

I don’t like the camera. I’m playing on the hardest setting where only 2 or 3 hits can kill you and I usually don’t even see the hits coming because the camera is zoomed in way too far.

LOVE LOVE LOVE.....couldn't believe those graphics when it booted.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo