By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone bought any Totaku yet?

I think the boat has sailed on this type of thing, i dont hear anyone even talking about amiibos anymore on any podcast really unless it was buying stuff from closing toys r us stores.

is this(buying figures like amiibo) still a popular thing? I am honestly asking because i dont know.

Around the Network
LiquorandGunFun said:

I think the boat has sailed on this type of thing, i dont hear anyone even talking about amiibos anymore on any podcast really unless it was buying stuff from closing toys r us stores.

is this(buying figures like amiibo) still a popular thing? I am honestly asking because i dont know.

Video game figurines have always been a thing since pretty much Pac-Man.

KLXVER said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

Video game figurines have always been a thing since pretty much Pac-Man.

I know that, I am asking about how popular it is, it was pretty damn crazy when the amiibos came out, thats all. It just seems like it went back to a niche.

Saw they had them at my local Gamestop, so I went down and grabbed The Hunter and Crash. They look awesome

LiquorandGunFun said:

The ship has sailed on buying figurines? Remember these aren't like Amiibos, these are simply toys. 

Around the Network

I wasn't planning to, but they aren't selling much in my local GAME store, and someone let his preorder of the Hunter figurine go out of date, so the clerk offered it to me for half the price. So a neat business, and now I have it.

Wright said:

I wasn't planning to, but they aren't selling much in my local GAME store, and someone let his preorder of the Hunter figurine go out of date, so the clerk offered it to me for half the price. So a neat business, and now I have it.

They are mostly sold out over here. At least the first release is.