By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are MLB pre orders accurate on vgchartz?

kirby007 said:
Machina said:

This.

Treat the pre-order chart with a huge pinch of salt. I'd personally scrap it altogether if it were up to me.

Its strange but isnt it up to you? Whose going to do them otherwise? Brett?

No one would do them, but the pre-order chart has to be published before I can do the main US chart, so I'd need to get Talon to cut the pre-order stuff out of the publishing process.

I proposed ditching the pre-order chart probably a year ago to Brett (mostly because I really wasn't happy with the accuracy), but Brett didn't like the idea.

Around the Network
Barkley said:

MLB The Show has seen a massive increase in FW sales, 15 did 200k FW,  16 did 237k FW and 17 apparently did 612k FW. A massive increase with 17 for some reason, so it wouldn't surprise me if the trend continued and 18 had an even larger first week.

But weirdly this trend doesn't lead to an increase to lifetime sales...

A word of warning regarding 17 - that's undertracked after the first month iirc, I'm just getting the charts more up-to-date before I find the time to go back and make the 2017 adjustments. So in that case the launch increase (and dropping PS3 support) will have led to quite a nice overall increase for the PS4 version lifetime.

Machina said:
kirby007 said:

Its strange but isnt it up to you? Whose going to do them otherwise? Brett?

No one would do them, but the pre-order chart has to be published before I can do the main US chart, so I'd need to get Talon to cut the pre-order stuff out of the publishing process.

I proposed ditching the pre-order chart probably a year ago to Brett (mostly because I really wasn't happy with the accuracy), but Brett didn't like the idea.

Now im not saying let Talon build a shortcut, but let him think about a way to implement a skip for the preorderchart, so the other charts can be generated regardless if a preorderchart was generated or not

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Nearly any pre-order number on those lists are accurate.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Machina said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Pre-orders are easily the least accurate thing on VGC

This.

Treat the pre-order chart with a huge pinch of salt. I'd personally scrap it altogether if it were up to me.

Roger Roger. 

Hopefully you can get them removed so.

Around the Network

Damn I'm like the only one who likes the pre-order charts. Hell I assume if that just sell have of what the pre-orders vgchartz shows then I get a nice bigger surprise on launch week. That being said I think MLB 18 The Show is a sleeper hit this year.