By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think many unknowingly purchase deluxe editions?

I was browsing the psn store and obviously Sony have the new god of war advertised prominently. You click on it and it brings you to the deluxe edition for 69 euro. The standard edition costs 59 euro. So I was thinking gamestop in my country probably sell the regular edition for 70 or 75 euro and people clicking this link to buy it digital couldn't easily think the deluxe edition is the base game. It can actually be tricky to notice.

And the ratings suggest about 3 times as many have bought the standard edition which is quite a low ratio. 

Around the Network

Never really thought about it. Does seem possible.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

It is possible.

I dunno, maybe parents buying for their kids do that, or people buying games well after release when pricing is more confusing. But, any gamer knows the standard price of new games.

Digitally, it's possible. A lot of times on the Xbox and PlayStation digital stores, they have so many versions of a game and so much DLC, it's hard to keep track.

For example, I bought Killer Instinct season one and matter on there was a version with all of the characters from all of the seasons and I bought that. There's another version (can't remember what it's called) that offers everything I already have except for one costume for one character. It'd cost me close to full price if I clicked on it despite the fact that I already have 99.99% of what it offers.

There's other better examples but I'm away from my console and I want to be accurate.

Around the Network

I will say this: there's some game on PS4 (I think it was Horizon) that I already owned digitally. I was trying to go to the actual version that I already own just to see if there was any dlc. No matter what I did, the search engine would only take me to some deluxe version. I think I wound up going to some "game hub" from the main menu.

Navigation shouldn't be so anti-instinctive.

d21lewis said:
I will say this: there's some game on PS4 (I think it was Horizon) that I already owned digitally. I was trying to go to the actual version that I already own just to see if there was any dlc. No matter what I did, the search engine would only take me to some deluxe version. I think I wound up going to some "game hub" from the main menu.

Navigation shouldn't be so anti-instinctive.

I seen that. Maybe only the complete edition is being sold now. Activision seem to be doing that with cod ghosts too 

lol thats possible.... they would want to try and sell more of the delux versions too..

Probably yes.
I found it confusing when I browse the PSN looking for a specific game and find a number of different versions, each one including specific DLCs or all of them or specific bonus features etc.

In my case, I bought The Witcher 3 in a sale and the next day I found a very cheap expansion pack that came with a gorgeous collector´s card game that really got my attention. When I got home, I discovered that my version of the game already had that expansion. I actually bought the "game-of-the-year-complete-plus- special-whereaver" edition and did not even noticed due to the low price I paid.