By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What game will be Switch's first 3 million seller in Japan at retail?

Switch's first retail 3 million seller in Japan?

Splatoon 2 34 80.95%

Super Mario Odyssey 0 0%

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 1 2.38%

Yo-kai Watch 4 0 0%

Super Smash Bros 1 2.38%

Pokemon 4 9.52%

Animal Crossing 1 2.38%

Dragon Quest XI 1 2.38%

1-2-Switch :P 0 0%

Other 0 0%

Total:42

I think release dates will be a key factor and whether or not those franchises will be to reach former or new heights ...

I still think Splatoon 2 has the highest chance out of them all since it is already released and is selling in significant enough quantities ...

Quite a few listed might not reach 3M on Switch in their lifetime such as SMO, MK8D, YW4, SSB, MH and especially DQXI ... 

Last edited by fatslob-:O - on 11 April 2018

Around the Network

I'm thinking either Spla2n via reaching it eventually, Pokemon or Animal Crossing. With AC more likely to release sooner than pokemon, I'll go with AC.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Splatoon 2... and it will happen in Q3.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Splatoon will get there. Pokemon... well, I'm scared to see the numbers it will hit.

berzerkertank said:
Spla2oon will probably hit 3M first, but Dragon Quest XI would probably hit 3M in likely half the time it took for Splat, just because of the fact that it's a new release of a mainline Dragon Quest.

DQ XI on Switch won't hit 3 million at all in Japan. It's already been released on the 3DS/PS4 and the Switch version will likely just be the PS4 version toned down.

To answer OP's question, Splatoon 2 is the obvious answer, as long as AC doesn't release this year.

Around the Network

Lol DQ 11. That game will be lucky to hit 1m in Japan. And only splatoon 2, pokemon and maybe animal crossing can sell 3m

Pinkie_pie said:
Lol DQ 11. That game will be lucky to hit 1m in Japan. And only splatoon 2, pokemon and maybe animal crossing can sell 3m

I'm inclined to agree with this.  You can't expect much from a 2+ year old port unless Square Enix adds a lot of content to it.

Last edited by wombat123 - on 12 April 2018

Splatoon 2. No doubt.
But I expect other games to surpass that milestone: SSB, AC, Pokemon and maybe a new 2D Mario.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Unless pokemon launches this year, Splatoon 2.

I'm guessing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe here. I think it'll keep up a nice attach rate, whereas Splatoon 2 might thin out somewhat more quickly.