By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Just pre ordered a phone for the first time.

Good deal?

Yes! 8 88.89%

No! 1 11.11%

Total:9

I'm never one to care about getting the latest and greatest phones. I usually hold onto my phones until they are falling to pieces.

BUT!!!!

There is a promotion of the new Sony Xperia XZ2 that I just couldn't resist. It's a promotion that's only available in the Netherlands (I think).

Pre order the phone and receive Sony headphones worth 380 euros! FREEEEE, that's like half the cost of the phone. Maybe I've been living under a bridge and these sorts of deals are normal, but it just seemed too good to pass up.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
RIP your bank account

It wasn't too expensive, I think like 600 euros or something. You can get them on plan here with no interest.

think-man said:

I'm never one to care about getting the latest and greatest phones. I usually hold onto my phones until they are falling to pieces.

BUT!!!!

There is a promotion of the new Sony Xperia XZ2 that I just couldn't resist. It's a promotion that's only available in the Netherlands (I think).

Pre order the phone and receive Sony headphones worth 380 euros! FREEEEE, that's like half the cost of the phone. Maybe I've been living under a bridge and these sorts of deals are normal, but it just seemed too good to pass up.

That’s awesome. Seems like a really good deal. I myself am looking forward to pre ordering an iPhone X Plus, or whatever it’s called, later this year.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:

That’s awesome. Seems like a really good deal. I myself am looking forward to pre ordering an iPhone X Plus, or whatever it’s called, later this year.

Believe it or not, I've never used an IPhone in my life xD

I honestly didn't realize that Sony still made phones. I still have the iPhone SE. I'm hoping they release a new model of it, as most phones are just too damn big, imo.

Around the Network
Sixteenvolt420 said:
I honestly didn't realize that Sony still made phones. I still have the iPhone SE. I'm hoping they release a new model of it, as most phones are just too damn big, imo.

I'm pretty sure I have only owned Sony phones for the last 5-7 years. The last 3 models I've owned at least have been Sony. I take lots of pictures, so I like the high end cameras they have on them. That and they can take a beating. I've never had a screen break despite dropping my phone every 2nd day :P 

think-man said:
LipeJJ said:

I've never even touched an apple mobile device aside from 5 mins with an iPad at work... and never used an android phone that cost more than 130€ .

...good deal for the headphones, besides that, no reason to waste more than 200€ on a phone.

BraLoD said:
If that works for the PS4 that's a great deal.

I'm not sure, I will look it up.

Enjoy your purchase, and when price is equal or better I choose Sony phones... I agree on the durability, they aren't as slippery as iphones and are a lot more sturdy when dropping than Samsung and even more iphone... mine 3 Sony phones for all the time I used haven't suffered a single damage, now the iphone and samsung even with cover on a single small drop can break.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Xen said:
think-man said:

I've never even touched an apple mobile device aside from 5 mins with an iPad at work... and never used an android phone that cost more than 130€ .

...good deal for the headphones, besides that, no reason to waste more than 200€ on a phone.

I got in the past a LG, a Blackberry, a Samsung and a Sony, all between 300 and 500 euros I think (but bought with my plan mostly). Last year when I went abroad, I thought that the money might be tighter and decided to buy something cheaper, a 200 euros Huawei. Worst piece of junk I've ever had in my hand, I can't stand it. It's so slow that it feels like I'm watching a PowerPoint, that damn thing even goes back to sleep before finishing loading the camera when I try to use it. When my friends and I are all taking pictures of the same thing, I have to tell them "Wait, don't go too far ahead, I'm waiting for my phone to react to take a picture too" (and the quality is awful, of course). When someone send me a message on Messenger and their profile pic appears in a small pop up, the whole phone freezes for like a minute, can't even turn off the screen with the button or anything, just dead for a minute. 

I'll make a financial effort and go buy a 500 euros Sony phone in the next couple of weeks, and then I will smash that cheap crap with a hammer. Wouldn't even sell it used, don't want to rip someone off. 

Last edited by Faelco - on 04 April 2018